Death Metal

After some thought and listening to it for the first time, I've come to the conclusion that Augury's Concealed is one of the most innovative and atmospheric death metal albums that I've heard within a long time.

I find Decapitated really boring and then again am not into the poland death metal scene.

anyways...

Top 10 US Death Metal albums for a change.

1. Morbid Angel ~altars of madness
2. Death ~spiritual healing
3. Disincarnate ~dreams of the carrion kind
4. Incantation ~onward to golgotha
5. Monstrosity ~imperial doom
6. Immolation ~dawn of possession
7. Atheist ~piece of time
8. Morbid Angel ~blessed are the sick
9. Possessed ~seven churches
10. Autopsy ~mental funeral

Is that in a particular order? I seem to be one of the few to like Blessed Are The Sick more than Altars. The reason i think is that Blessed Are The Sick has more of this eerie satanic atmosphere,this panicing end of the world-feeling to it. I fucking love that album. It´s so..ugly.

I'd suggest Nihility to someone getting into Decapitated.
What's the best Immolation to get? I've thought about getting Shadows in The Light, Close To a World Below, or Dawn of Possession. How's Incantation's Mortal Throne of Nazarene.

I don't like Decapitated at all.

As for bluewizard, you can't go wrong with Dawn of Possession. I love their other albums but it seems to be a love or hate thing for most people.

@bluewizard: Unholy Cult is Immolation's best post-2000 album imo, and Close to a World Below is pretty good( not as bad as I thought). Dawn of Possession seems to be their most popular old-school release, so just go with that.

I'd suggest Nihility to someone getting into Decapitated.
What's the best Immolation to get? I've thought about getting Shadows in The Light, Close To a World Below, or Dawn of Possession. How's Incantation's Mortal Throne of Nazarene.

For Incantation, get Onward to Golgotha instead.

Just got Kataklysm's Mystical Gate of Reincarnation/Sorcery. Really good dm. Also helps that their vocalist is fucking insane.