Death Metal

I notice when it comes to Autopsy favorites are either Mental Funeral or Severed Survical and would say MF is the best. I listened to acts of the unspectable for the first time in awile because found the album sub-par to both previous albums and it's a lot more strange and interesting than originally thought. Dozens of weird sounding notes and riffs because harmonizing which Autopsy does best and some of the solos are especially out there and bizarre. Great production and guitar tone especially. I suggest if you like Autopsy not already having the album get the remastered Digi-pack which also includes the fiend for blood e.p which could be Autopsy's best release.

While I still find Mental Funeral to be Autopsy's best release, Acts Of The Unspeakable is pretty damn overlooked. The album is really fucking deranged, and not really in a tongue in cheek manner.

I listened to them because they were posted on Gfaqs and ugh, just boring techy BS.

Not really...you probably gave it a crappy surface listen. They sound like a more extreme, modern version of early Suffocation, and I think they make their own atmospheric samples (which are a pretty big part of the sound tbh).

But w/e.

I'm pretty sure that isn't in print anymore. If it is, though, you have to remove that mp3 link. Thanks.

Also yeah Sorcery are cool.

I really like my Cryptopsy-None So Vile CD, Crown of Horns, Slit Your Guts, and Phobophile are my favorites from it, the sample at the end of Orgiastic Embowelment makes me laugh. "Go ahead and run, run home and cry to Mama" :lol: I don't know where that sample comes from though.
I also got Once Was Not but it doesn't match up to None So Vile at all, way too experimental of a CD, but I think when Jon Levasseur left so did the band apparently. lol Once Was Not has good moments but I can see who made None So Vile so great, the correlation. Also the drumming on Once Was Not doesn't seem as brutal as NSV, NSV makes me want to go crazy, especially the start of Crown of Horns after the Lion roar sample.

I really like my Cryptopsy-None So Vile CD, Crown of Horns, Slit Your Guts, and Phobophile are my favorites from it, the sample at the end of Orgiastic Embowelment makes me laugh. "Go ahead and run, run home and cry to Mama" :lol: I don't know where that sample comes from though.

The quote is from Army Of Darkness, one of the most badass flicks ever.

I also got Once Was Not but it doesn't match up to None So Vile at all, way too experimental of a CD, but I think when Jon Levasseur left so did the band apparently. lol Once Was Not has good moments but I can see who made None So Vile so great, the correlation. Also the drumming on Once Was Not doesn't seem as brutal as NSV, NSV makes me want to go crazy, especially the start of Crown of Horns after the Lion roar sample.

NSV is easily one of the top five albums of the entire genre. I have probably listened to this cd 15 thousand times, and it NEVER gets old. One of the only dm releases that I haven't been able to follow what is being said even WITH the lyric sheet. Now I must stop talking about Cryptopsy before I get a little teary-eyed.

It's pretty good. Some songs definitely stand out. Also, its influence on brutal death is hugely overstated, hardly any brutal bands are that influenced by Cryptopsy, whether they know it or not. The sound on NSV is very respectable and cool (purposely sloppy sounding, fucked up and schizophrenic, to go with the awesome lyrics at times).

Lyrics to Phobophile > almost ALL other death metal lyrics. EVER.

Yeah, I do like those lyrics...

"Rorschach blotters,
My responses to which inspire fear...
From my lizard side,
The amoral alien speaks;
"These aren't butterflies,
I see a face I'd like to burn."

Absolutely awesome.

I notice when it comes to Autopsy favorites are either Mental Funeral or Severed Survical and would say MF is the best. I listened to acts of the unspectable for the first time in awile because found the album sub-par to both previous albums and it's a lot more strange and interesting than originally thought. Dozens of weird sounding notes and riffs because harmonizing which Autopsy does best and some of the solos are especially out there and bizarre. Great production and guitar tone especially. I suggest if you like Autopsy not already having the album get the remastered Digi-pack which also includes the fiend for blood e.p which could be Autopsy's best release.

Yeah really, AotU is my favorite of theirs honestly. That really twisted sound is prevalent on the first two as well, but this is the record where they really seem to go all out with it and make something very unique. But it definitely has a sound that didn't click with me as quickly as its predecessors.

I don't like that line as much...haha! I'm so contrary.

Fucking Deathevokation is SO good...the album is finally hugely clicking with me.

I'd listen to more Brutal Death if it sounded like Cryptopsy. At 1:00 of Graves of The Fathers, it sounds exactly like a Dying Fetus song, I could've been fooled there. :p