Death Metal

You mean his pronunciation?
Because his word choice sucks.
Johan Hegg is the best for understandable death vocals. Even his brutal vocals are easy to understand.

I wouldn't really classify him being a death metal singer, but regardless I didn't say he was the best or really care who you think the best is >_>

Benton has better diction than most singers

If by better you mean worse...

Benton's vocals on most of Deicide's studio recordings are below par in comparison with people such as Frank Mullen and Luc Lemay. And they're even more half-assed live (provided he decides he actually wants to show up to a gig for once).

He does have a distinguishable (and vaguely original) style though so I suppose that counts for something

EDIT: Also his lyrics become very boring after listening to the 6th song about why God is an asshole

Diction = vocabulary and choice of words. It has nothing to do with clarity of pronounciation. Benton's dection sucks. The lyrics are not well written and the word satan is way overused. Benton is an idiot.

If by better you mean worse...

Benton's vocals on most of Deicide's studio recordings are below par in comparison with people such as Frank Mullen and Luc Lemay. And they're even more half-assed live (provided he decides he actually wants to show up to a gig for once).

He does have a distinguishable (and vaguely original) style though so I suppose that counts for something

EDIT: Also his lyrics become very boring after listening to the 6th song about why God is an asshole
Benton's a beast of a growler, a lot better than Mullen growlwise.
Frank's vocals post-Effigy are ok, they're a lot more human sounding than most growlers, but I just don't like them very much, I'll take just about any growler over Mullen: Dallas Toler Wade, Benton, Barnes(even today), John Gallagher, etc....

Diction = vocabulary and choice of words. It has nothing to do with clarity of pronounciation. Benton's dection sucks. The lyrics are not well written and the word satan is way overused. Benton is an idiot.

Agreed. His lyrics are shit.

Wormed are kinda funny. I heard this band called Sik Fuk(spelling ?) this morning who had me in tears from laughing. I actually did not mind listening to it because it was so fucking hilarious and knew it was intentional. I can't get the spelling right nor can find the myspace page again.

Wormed isn't funny! They are only funny if you are deaf :p

Sikfuk is indeed funny. Uber sloppy brutal slam deathgrind. You can tell Ni(c)k doesn't take things seriously, so it's OK by me I guess. They are playing New England Deathfest this summer, it'll be fun to see them. Totally retarded.