Death Metal

EDIT: Also his lyrics become very boring after listening to the 6th song about why God is an asshole

The lyrics are not well written and the word satan is way overused. Benton is an idiot.

I agree with all this, and yet somehow I love the lyrics - the ridiculous jesus-hatin' raw death metal just tickles my awesome bone. Mostly with Vital Remains, though. With Deicide it gets boring.

Wormed isn't funny! They are only funny if you are deaf :p

Sikfuk is indeed funny. Uber sloppy brutal slam deathgrind. You can tell Ni(c)k doesn't take things seriously, so it's OK by me I guess. They are playing New England Deathfest this summer, it'll be fun to see them. Totally retarded.

wormed isn't funny... wormed is terrible
and sikfuk is even worse :lol:

Diction = vocabulary and choice of words. It has nothing to do with clarity of pronounciation. Benton's dection sucks. The lyrics are not well written and the word satan is way overused. Benton is an idiot.

his dection sucks? it seems yours does as well :lol:
but seriously... yeah his lyrics blow... so what... it's deicide and deicide rules

I'm convinced that those calling Wormed terrible...

a). can't get past the vocals (I don't blame you, but they are awesome if you like that stuff)

b). just don't get it. Listen to the songwriting, it's fucking fantastic. They are awesome musicians. Just because the guitars are noisy and chaotic shouldn't stop you from appreciating how well they structure songs. I guess I just don't understand why people would think they're horrible, especially people who I know understand death metal and its aims!

I'm convinced that those calling Wormed terrible...

a). can't get past the vocals (I don't blame you, but they are awesome if you like that stuff)

b). just don't get it. Listen to the songwriting, it's fucking fantastic. They are awesome musicians. Just because the guitars are noisy and chaotic shouldn't stop you from appreciating how well they structure songs. I guess I just don't understand why people would think they're horrible, especially people who I know understand death metal and its aims!

maybe it is the vocals but honestly i find that extreme technical, brutal death metal boring... i guess i'm just old and set in my ways

No, I'm saying that I wish I could get his point of view for a second to understand why he dislikes Wormed.

Wormed is fucking awesome.

What is there not to like about Wormed? Catchy, engaging, atmospheric, and absolutely brutal. The album "Planisphaerium" has to be one of the best slam death metal albums I've heard.

Wormed are a little over the top, imo. It's too scurred from the roots of TRUE DEATH METAL!! (elitist response) Nah it ain't bad shit, but I just have a hard time taking them seriously.

I can't stand Wormed. :erk: I've tried listening to Planisphaerium multiple times but I have to turn it off before I get even half way through.

I like other brutal death (Defeated Sanity, Inveracity, etc.), but I cannot enjoy Wormed, no matter how hard I try.

Brutal death metal in general isn't very appealing to me anymore. I liked a little bit when getting into extreme metal, but I was very ignorant to what was out there. It's good on occassion, but other than Suffocation and Pyaemia it never reaches my stereo.

I've been listening to Nocturnus' The Key quite a bit lately and have been enjoying it immensely. Like most people, I heard about them by seeing Trey's shit of them (which I'd love to own.) Anyway, that album was definitely a revolution is keyboard driven Extreme Metal, even though it seems nothing with keys has reached the level of this album.

The keyboards is the only thing I don't like about the album, as dumb as that sounds. I never been a fan of the use of keys, but their are a few exceptions to this of course. But the sound used in The Key is irratating to my ears.

The keyboards is the only thing I don't like about the album, as dumb as that sounds. I never been a fan of the use of keys, but their are a few exceptions to this of course. But the sound used in The Key is irratating to my ears.

Yeah I understand, they do come off a bit over-the-top at times, but I actually find them to my liking. I guess since I'm a science fiction nerd just the "idea" of Sci-Fi Metal interests me. Other than the keys, I think the Death Metal they play, while very close to 'Altars of Madness,' is completely fucking killer. Love the shit.

I am going to be the first person here to say that I am currently loving the new Pathology record. My only vice is the monotone-ish styled drums. Other than that its fucking excellent!