Death Metal

Checking them out...sounds good. Very Celtic Frost-y guitar tone. Damn good. Will need to get Descent Into Hell. Thanks.

I love palm muting. It's an essential part and defining element of death metal and thrash. Of course, it's pointless to play every single note muted, but lots of palm muting is a good thing. On a different, yet related note, has anyone else noticed that black metal generally has very very little palm muting, and a lot of it has none at all?

I think Mayhem used their fair share of palm-muting on Deathcrush but that wasn't so much black metal as Bathory styled thrash.

Palm-muting doesn't bode well with black metal music. Simple as that :p Doesn't create much of an atmosphere for spooky lyrics to be gurgled.

Anyone else getting excited for the Order From Chaos re-issues by NWN Prod!? I know I am.

Yes! Fucking totally, I need Stillbirth Machine on fucking vinyl! Saw those last night...getting the God Macabre + some other CDs (incl. Nocturnal Graves per you, Nec, and phr33k's recommendation, plus my own Myspace sampling) soon also. NWN is kicking ass this year.