Death Metal

Thanks for the correction. Now guess how much that changed my opinion.

I agree, blood and gore fans are indeed dumb.

Okay negative Nancy, make your argument. What makes you think that fans of blood and gore themes are intrinsically dumb? No copping out of this one now.

Some people hate Death because they can still understand some of the lyrics. Those people prefer death metal which is completely incromprehensible. We call those people idiots, or at least I do.

um... music in russian or italian is incomprehensible to me... doesn't mean it isn't worth listening to... seriously anyone who is bent out of shape over the content of death metal lyrics or how easily you can understand them or not should just listen to fucking power metal or... avril lavigne or something

um... music in russian or italian is incomprehensible to me... doesn't mean it isn't worth listening to... seriously anyone who is bent out of shape over the content of death metal lyrics or how easily you can understand them or not should just listen to fucking power metal or... avril lavigne or something

Marry me?

Could Chuck still pull off that death vomit style of growling on Live in LA? You know, that old Floridian way of growling, Obituary still uses it, not quite grunting, I'm not even sure how the hell anyone does it but Chuck does it a lot on Leprosy, and it's good.

Obituary used whiney vocals? Chuck used whiney vocals?

Uh....wut?

Dude, nothing personal, but you're WAAAAAAAAAAAAY off.

As for Death...I prefer their material from Spiritual Healing to Symbolic the most.

I agree, blood and gore fans are indeed dumb.

What you said is equally fucking stupid.

Anyway, I really can't stand really brutal DM bands anymore.

But bands like Death on "SBG", Exhumed, Gorerotted and Carcass (with a thrashier side to them) I find enjoyable because they're not being serious, not employing this seemingly pretentious bullshit that almost every serious DM band seems to adopt.

Well the vocal change is only really evident on the last two albums. Musically though, they were exploring more complex territory as early as Spiritual Healing.

James Murphy was a great asset to the group.

Individual Thought Patterns was their true prog/tech album though. It's so much more complex than any of the other albums to follow.

I think Death was the best vocalwise on "Spiritual Healing". Chuck's both pretty deep as well as understandable on that one, and most importantly he sounds very passionate in this delivery. Musically "Human" is the most sexy.