Death Metal

So I'm listening to Pavor's Furioso for this first time in god knows how long.

fuck. I forgot how awesome they were. quality stuff
Pavor rule. I think I may prefer A Pale Debilitating Autumn to Furioso. They are probably better musicians than almost any other band I've heard. Those Krauts know how to play, that's for sure.

I'm never that specific. I file everything under Black Metal or Death Metal.
Me, too. I don't really like the term "tech death" for instance, since a lot of death metal tends to be rather technical. I do make a distinction for brutal death, since the slam based brutal death does tend to be rather different, and wouldn't even appeal to a lot of fans of old school death.

This is such a fucking killer album,the riffs are so fucking sick,without just sounding like random picking. I´d prefer a more traditional David Vincent growl over the vomiting toad-ones,probably the only thing keeping it from being my favorite dm-album.
e366a2c008a093c108b78010._AA240_.L.jpg

^
I agree.

I love the album, but the burping vocals really kill it for me...I guess they're tolerable, but I'd prefer it if they were different.

I'm pretty sure you're missing the point if you'd prefer "normal" growling over what Antti did. That is intentionally a very alien, disturbing album and the vocals fit fine.

So I'm listening to Pavor's Furioso for this first time in god knows how long.

fuck. I forgot how awesome they were. quality stuff

Yes! Pavor is fucking great.