Death Metal

I'm listening to Morbid Angel's Covenant again, I'm getting back into the Floridian non-Deicide stuff, I just got overloaded on it, but thanks to Death's Leprosy, I'm appreciating the more old school Floridian stuff, and am even getting back to Metallica and Slayer.

Demilich `nespithe is cool once you do get past the vocals because the music is so bizzare to the point of actually distracting you from the vocals. Nespithe also has really odd dive bombs(which are the shit!). I still find older Sentenced,Amorphis,Demigod(SOSE) and Funebre much better.

I'm listening to Morbid Angel's Covenant again, I'm getting back into the Floridian non-Deicide stuff, I just got overloaded on it, but thanks to Death's Leprosy, I'm appreciating the more old school Floridian stuff, and am even getting back to Metallica and Slayer.

Get Altars of Madness if you haven't yet.

Just downloaded Nespithe and the mix is super soft. Not sure if this is a consequence of the MP3 format or what.
I have other discs from this time with a similar soft mix, however.

Therefore, I was wondering if the mix was the same for those of you who own the disc.

All the positive feedback regarding this band caused me to look into them further. In doing so, I found out all of their releases can be downloaded from their official site, located at:

http://www.anentity.com/demilich/download.php

Yeah, that's been known for a while, but it is still KICKASS. Their circumstances kinda sucked but the fact that they are nice enough to put everything incl. hi-res scans of shit up for d/l is great...the got fucked by Earache Rec.

Yeah, it is extremely kickass! Otherwise, I would have never of heard their disc. More bands need to take note of this practice. Any releases that are out of print or no longer distributed for whatever reason should be made available for download. Especially 10+ years after its initial release.

The thing that is so great about Demilich is that even though the riffs are so strange, unusual, and awkward, they are still catchy in an odd way. And the vocals fit, as they are equally as fucked up as the riffs are.

The thing that is so great about Demilich is that even though the riffs are so strange, unusual, and awkward, they are still catchy in an odd way. And the vocals fit, as they are equally as fucked up as the riffs are.

Completely agree! I was a little apprehensive about the vocals when I first heard some of the criticisms. However, after listening to the entire album, I think the vocal delivery is quite effective and a welcomed departure from traditional growls.

Nespithe flows really well and a good portion of bands who play extreme music get very choppy when writing intricate music. Adramelech -psychostasia for example is outlandish abstract and intricate with original riffs without being akward.