Death Metal

Yeah. I've heard everything except the album the band released under the name Soulburn.

Hey, I'm just playing mp3 of the Os Abysmi cover from the Asphyx EP and this thing just prooves how much energy there is in the latest Celtic Frost.

Hail latest Celtic Frost and hail the upcoming Asphyx!!!

There were some rumours that Pestilence is going to release a new cd IIRC, with Mameli on vocals of course. I don't mind his vocals and Spheres is one of my favourite albums of all time (I know it's weird) so I would like to see that released soon.

That new track straddles the line between mediocrity and being outright weak. If that is the apex of the new album I'm not going to be bothering with it.

The new Amon Amarth track melted my face.

Gave it a listen. I was not impressed one bit. That lead was the only interesting part of the song, and that would likely get old quickly with repeated listens. It's pretty much the same lead they used "Cry of the Blackbirds", which was the song they put out ahead of the previous album's release.

The chorus is pretty lame and cheesy.

I know it doesn't really sound hugely different from anything they've done before and that's why I like it, I am an Amon Amarth fan though. That said, it didn't impress me much on the first listen.

Gave it a listen. I was not impressed one bit. That lead was the only interesting part of the song, and that would likely get old quickly with repeated listens. It's pretty much the same lead they used "Cry of the Blackbirds", which was the song they put out ahead of the previous album's release.

The chorus is pretty lame and cheesy.

Funny, cause it's a guest solo.

The general consensus from people who have heard the 5 songs that have leaked is that the rest is better. Where Is Your God is supposed to particularly incredible.
I agree that it was sorta underwhelming, as I was expecting something incredible based on the last album + the sneak of Guardians Of Asgard (the chorus of that song fucking destroys, all I know).

I was referring to the lead melody, not the solo.

If I can use that song as a reference, this album will be a bunch of WOOOS B-tracks.

oh.
I don't think we can. Anyways, AA have never picked the best song on the album as the single. I think they picked this just cuz it's the title track, or maybe it lent itself better to the video. This is probably the most mtv friendly track is all.

The sound on the album will be the same as WOOOS, since same studio, producer, gear, and tuning, but as far as the songs, what we saw in the studio diaries sounded more death metal than usual.

Eh... can't say the new AA track impressed to much, I was sitting here the whole time wondering why I'd stopped Morrigan.

Still looking forward to the full album though. :p

it strikes me as funny that people would rather write off an album as shitty before it ever comes out, then just assume that hey maybe they didnt pick the best track to release.

It's a bad way to market yourself if you put out a mediocre track ahead of an album's release. You can't count completely on fan loyalty.