Death Metal

EDIT: On other note, Breeding the Spawn wasn't reissued?!

What exactly are you talking about? BTS was reissued a while ago with bonus tracks and is still incredibly easy to find. As far as I know there hasn't been a new issue this year and it doesn't matter.

Bloodbath is completely far removed from what originally made them worth listening to, and that they THEMSELVES billed themselves on, namely: BRUTALITY THROUGH SIMPLICITY. Breeding Death is great. Resurrection Through Carnage is okay. Fuck off the rest. 100 other bands have already taken your place and filled the hole that you set out to fill. Now you're just another generic 'brutal' death metal band, selling on brand loyalty.

This makes no sense considering that this new album is an extention of Unblessing the Purity. Same style and even more brutal than NMF or RTC. So its hardly terrible, especially if you liked the EP.

I actually think it's quite different. Same sense of brutality yes, but the songwriting's different. These songs don't have the same memorability in terms of choruses/vocals and seem more focused on guitar groove.

I think it's okay but far from the same quality. I hope it's a grower though.. UTP had songs I loved instantly.

same with me

i don't think it's a grower though... i've listened to it 4 times now trying to force myself to like it but... i don't like it. i can't even force myself to like it. even the best song on it isn't as good as the worst song on most of the other albums... i want dan back :erk:

This makes no sense considering that this new album is an extention of Unblessing the Purity. Same style and even more brutal than NMF or RTC. So its hardly terrible, especially if you liked the EP.

since when does being more brutal = being good?
The ep is better because it's shorter :lol: never said it was great, but it's alright. Breeding death is all you need from this band.

I like the new Bloodbath. I've only listened to the album once and it was a little overproduced and chuggish, but they made it sound damn good.

I'm 2 songs into this and i love what i hear. how can an album be overproduced? more death metal bands need production like this. the drums are holding my attention more than anything right now even though theyre pretty basic so far. I love mikes growls, opeth needs more of that

I'm 2 songs into this and i love what i hear. how can an album be overproduced? more death metal bands need production like this. the drums are holding my attention more than anything right now even though theyre pretty basic so far. I love mikes growls, opeth needs more of that

i actually thought mike was heavily lacking on fathomless which was a huge disappointment considering how good the vocals were on unblessing the purity

I heard a song from Zyklon's Aeon album today and liked it.
Wasn't sure if I should post this in here or the black metal thread, so move if necessary. :)

World Ov Worms is their best, and more Black Metal than the later two, which are more in the realm of Death Metal. And Daemon is the superior vocalist to Sechtdamon.