Death Metal

Yeah. Pure Blood Doom is not bad just generic and both guitarists left after Psychostasa which blows. I'm pretty sure their drummer writes majority of the music so it still kinda sounds like Psycostasia just not nearly aa good or classic.

I like that Sinister album too, I wish it'd get reissued, the only way I can get is on Ebay.

i went through a phase of this but i don't think so. slumber of sullen eyes is such a fucking special album man. let's just agree that they're both brilliant.

Slumber of Sullen Eyes is a lot more crushing but there's something about the riffs on Psychostasia that I just can't get over. It's brilliance.

A Death Metal poll (well kinda) made out of boredom and perhaps to just start arguements.haha

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/metal-evilution/443255-old-school-new-school-death-metal.html

I picked "like it all" but if I was held at gunpoint & forced to make a decision I might go "new school". It's true that percentage wise the old stuff was more likely to be good, but to cut it off at '92 is nuts. The genre has progressed a lot too, & even the older bands like Death released awesome stuff after '92.

Old School obviously. I do like some new DM bands but for the most part can't new DM.

Slumber of Sullen Eyes is a lot more crushing but there's something about the riffs on Psychostasia that I just can't get over. It's brilliance.

i don't think 'crushing' even begins to get to the bottom of demigod though, there's that amazing mystical, mythical, otherworldly bent to it, being one of the most no bullshit bludgeoningly huge albums ever would be good enough but it has an inordinate amount of subtlety, class, artistry, atmosphere, etcetc which takes it to a totally different plain. definitely not arguing about the brilliance of psychostasia though, it's liquid death metal that one, definitely stands among the genre's crowning triumphs.

Meh. Underdeveloped and not very interesting. There may be some potential for the future though. Oh, and Inner Demise >>> Mirror Breakdown.

Affliction Gate is good, I've been looking forward to them finally recording something properly.