Death Metal

I was listening to Nile in the car today. No one else is that good.
most death metal these days is all about hitting the open low string and playing some boring riffs (ala Behemoth)
I say "name some good newish dm bands" and you guys spew forth swedish melodeath/death garbage

and how is Nile overrated. everyone but 2 people on this forum hate them

most death metal these days is all about hitting the open low string and playing some boring riffs (ala Behemoth)
I say "name some good newish dm bands" and you guys spew forth swedish melodeath/death garbage

Grave isn't really melodic at all.

I'm not denying how skillfuly they areon their instruments, I just don't see anyhting too overly amazing about them like the thousands of Nile fanboys think they are. I can see why people like them, they are just way too over hyped.

Repugnant.

Stargazer and Crimson Massacre, for example, are leagues better than Nile will ever be. If you think Nile is one of the best contemporary DM bands than you simply haven't explored the more fruitful avenues available.

Wayd is another perfect example of fantastic modern death metal. Shits all over Nile. I'd probably place them up there with Stargazer and Lykathea Aflame (probably above Lykathea to be honest.)