Death Metal

^^^Nice Lord Vicar av, Fear no Pain is everything a doom album should be, 10/10.

On topic-I'm hard as can be for the new Decrepit Birth album, can't wait to hear it. And I'm ready for some fresh news on the new Atheist.

I find people either love or hate Decrepit Birth. I'm proud to say I'm one of the people who love them. I heard they're looking for an August release date for "Polarity" but so far I have heard absolutely nothing about it since it was first announced way back in I think January.

I find people either love or hate Decrepit Birth. I'm proud to say I'm one of the people who love them. I heard they're looking for an August release date for "Polarity" but so far I have heard absolutely nothing about it since it was first announced way back in I think January.

Check this out.

Last edited by a moderator:
old DB is damn good.
the newest one is such crap. god damn I hate it. it's a nonstop solo. not brutal at all. shit.

Really, that's my only complaint with it, it did have A LOT of soloing on it. Luckily though, it was a good enough, even a damn good enough record that the abundance of solos didn't ruin it, for me at least.

Ignivomous are one of the best death metal bands to come around in recent years. Amazing blend of every kind of early New York-style DM!

The first DB album is really meh brutal death metal, at least the new one attempted something interesting (and succeeded to an extent, I like some of the more refined melodies they throw out, but a lot of it is very wanky I agree).

The two new Ignivomous tracks are really really heavy, morbid and grotesque. I love the dual/dueling melodies near the end of the title track...sounds perfect in its disharmony. Totally fucking great!

Yea and Ignivomous have songs from their upcoming album on their myspace now :kickass: This album is going to be a fucking monster....album of the year material!

ARGHH!! I'm dying to hear these tracks, but I have to wait until I'm home from work! Judging by everyone's responses this will live up to my expectations.

The first DB album is really meh brutal death metal, at least the new one attempted something interesting (and succeeded to an extent, I like some of the more refined melodies they throw out, but a lot of it is very wanky I agree).

The problem is the non existant rhythm guitars really. Everything in that department is just 1234239423448623482044324234 and no real groove or memorability. Those little leads are indeed kinda cool though.