Death Metal

It's a pretty fucking stupid comment full stop. There's a fuck load of awesome modern death metal bands out there. Sure, there's a lot of generic shit to, but you know what? Don't listen to it... problem solved.

megaon5.jpg

That is an awesome one.

How is this?

I remeber it being a very awesome Ep. I liked it more then serenadium, and it was just before they stopped using cool cover art.

It's not so much classic DM though. It's kinda brutal I guess.

Ignivomous

Guy I work with plays guitar in this band. They are old school as they come. Their demo is on red cassette and they are releasing a vinyl 7" soon. Very dark old school death metal, done extremely well.

Came across a demo from the Swedish Infester, figured I'd check it out seeing as hole Johan Hallgren was the guitarist for the band and it is pretty good stuff so far, not mindblowing or anything but still fairly competent.

Ignivomous

Guy I work with plays guitar in this band. They are old school as they come. Their demo is on red cassette and they are releasing a vinyl 7" soon. Very dark old school death metal, done extremely well.

Damn I'm very impressed with this band they have all the right influences and the perfect death metal sound. I mean with onwards to golgotha and dawn of possession as your main influences you basically cannot do any wrong :kickass:

ATROCITY: 'Todessehnsucht' To Be Reissued With Bonus Track - Oct. 1, 2007
Metal Mind Productions will re-release ATROCITY's "Todessehnsucht" album on October 15 in Europe and November 5 in the U.S. (via MVD). The digipak edition will be limited to 2,000 numbered copies and will include one bonus track plus liner notes written by the band. The CD was digitally remastered by ATROCITY frontman Alex Krull himself.

"When in 1992 death metal flourished into technicality, 'Todessehnsucht' emerged as ATROCITY's attempt to create an epic album, conjoining both progressive and extreme sounds," reads a press release. "The attempt fully succeeded — the album became one of the most intense and respected productions in the band's entire discography. For many fans this is also one of the best albums in the history of the German death metal scene — a true monument of sophisticated arrangements and blasphemous melodies. It's a conglomerate of aggressive and brutal sounds, supported by truly artistic elements, such as classical music motives and vocals performed by opera singers."

"Todessehnsucht" re-release track listing:

01. Todessehnsucht
02. Godless Years
03. Unspoken Names
04. Defiance
05. Triumph At Dawn
06. Introduction
07. Sky Turned Red
08. Necropolis
09. A Prison Called Earth
10. Todessehnsucht (Reprise)
11. Archangel (bonus track)

Nice.

Morningrise ranked 10th on the top 50 list being discussed from Hailmetal, so obviously not everyone agrees with you. I believe Opeth do play death metal, to a degree, they definetely did more on their earlier albums, morningrise in particular had a real death/doom feel to it.

Opeth's best cd has many different styles on it. So are you going to put it on every list it can qualify for, or just call it something like darkdeathblack with jazzy bass ?

Unholy Cult slays all:kickass:
By the way, I've found this pretty silly review of UC on rateyourmusic:
All their albums seem above average death for me and this may be their best but there's just no time for little-above mediocre bands and try to get into them when we have so many amazing releases of 2002 alone such as from Immortal, Heaven Shall Burn (get remastered one it is a lot better) The Forsaken (tech and awesome Metallica covers), Kataklysm, Embraced, Opeth, Dark Age (Ger) Rapture (Fin) Insomnium, Theory In Practice (very tech AND catchy) Primordial, Callenish Circle, Corporation 187, .. those are some of the very best but there are a HEAP more. Hell, even WASP put out a masterpiece. What an excellent year. Hope someone finds a new band they like.
--------------------------------------------------------------
So he went off from talking about the music to just listing bands that prefers to Immolation. "Hope someone finds a band they like". That last sentence is kind of funny in a way. :p