Death Metal

Poop. I would really love to have one as well. But 20 euros for a shirt is pretty expensive.

So yeah, I caved and went ahead and sent him an e-mail. Those shirts are too fucking cool to pass up.

I'm never giving Demilich money again for merchandise. I sent them a money-order when the first shirts were printed (I was buying one of the first edition shirts that was limited to 50 or 100 prints or some bullshit). I talked to Antti and he said that everything was going good and that as soon as he got the money the shit would be in the mail.

It never came, and I was out of money.

I love Demilich, but fuck buying their shit.

I'm never giving Demilich money again for merchandise. I sent them a money-order when the first shirts were printed (I was buying one of the first edition shirts that was limited to 50 or 100 prints or some bullshit). I talked to Antti and he said that everything was going good and that as soon as he got the money the shit would be in the mail.

It never came, and I was out of money.

I love Demilich, but fuck buying their shit.

Interesting. Are you talking about the 2006 sales? That time the shirts were printed in the USA by the tour organizers, and they collected the money for shirts to fund the tour. I forwarded the possible problems to them, and told them to resend the shirts. Obviously that wasn't done in your case.

I don't remember I've ever had anybody tell me _I_ hadn't sent his shirt. Back in 1993, I may have "forgotten" to tape the demos and send the cassettes back to people (mostly due to hating the scene back then, sorry), but I've never done that with shirts.

It's a pity you have been screwed up.

-agb/Demilich

I'd like a Demilich shirt as well, but they make too little numbers of their merch. Fuck em.

I printed 6.5 times more this time than the last time. I had no idea the shit would sell so much more nowadays. Anyway, I sold 1/3 of the shirts yesterday. There are still lots of them left, but I will have to decide about how much to save for the gig. I will most probably put them in sale again before that. And after the show, I will print more, so that people get what they want.

-agb

I'd like a Demilich shirt as well, but they make too little numbers of their merch. Fuck em.

Printing costs can be pretty damn expensive, but I'm sure they got a great deal (I hope). That being said, generally it's better to order too little shirts than too many - what band wants to be stuck with a bunch of merchandise that it can't sell off?

I doubt Demilich would have a hard time selling anything though ;)

I know printing is expensive. My band is struggling to save up for a nice t-shirt design and get about 100-200 Tees printed. It's even more expensive if there's more than black and white on them as well.

I might actually put an order in for a shirt if that's the case. If I don't get it, at least I know I tried. The last time I received a mail from the news letter, it didn't tell me that T-shirts were being printed. It told me merch was out of stock. :lol: I'm glad I got my Winterwolf merch though.

Printing costs can be pretty damn expensive, but I'm sure they got a great deal (I hope). That being said, generally it's better to order too little shirts than too many - what band wants to be stuck with a bunch of merchandise that it can't sell off?

I doubt Demilich would have a hard time selling anything though ;)

As a pessimistic person I thought I will end up with piles of boxes full of unbought shirts. Had I known I would have printed immediately more. Anyway, I will print them after the gig, so no worries.

I see the praise in the net, but usually that doesn't transform into orders. I guess I have to suck it and accept that in Demilich's case it does.

-agb

I'm sure if you posted some ad's for merch on a few select bands music spaces/facebook's that you would increase orders (maybe find some more fans too!)

I would hope at least.

Instead of making a thread about it in the band rec forum, anyone wanna rattle off a couple albums of newer bands playing osdm? Stuff like Deathevokation and Revolting...

Instead of making a thread about it in the band rec forum, anyone wanna rattle off a couple albums of newer bands playing osdm? Stuff like Deathevokation and Revolting...

Some of my favorites off the top of my head:

Necrovation
Ignivomous
Vasaeleth
Dead Congregation
Morbider
Winterwolf
The Dead
Cardiac Arrest

Oh shit, I was just staring at Avigrus' sig and it reminded me of Slugathor. You have to listen to them if you have not done so yet.

The Wakedead Gathering & the newest from Spun In Darkness also might be something you would enjoy.