Death Metal

definitely in my top 10, not sure about my top 5.

Although I think the first two are Altars of Madness and Blessed are the Sick.

WFIKTBD is the best ATG album in my opinion. Raped By The Light Of Christ, The Break Of Autumn, and Ever-Opening Flower are all just so badass.

For all you non-poser and fools;

INCANTATION Announces 'Onward To Golgotha' Hall Of Fame Shows - Aug. 24, 2010

Veteran U.S. death metal act INCANTATION has announced a handful of special shows where it will perform its classic debut album, "Onward To Golgotha", in its entirety. The "Onward To Golgotha" dates are presented by Decibel magazine, which inducted the album into the publication's "Hall Of Fame" in issue #52 (February 2009).

Originally released in 1991, "Onward To Golgotha" redefined the bounds of brutality and blasphemy for death metal and has long been heralded as one of the heaviest and most uncompromising metal albums in the world. Decibel also named "Onward…" one of the 20 best death metal albums of all time as well as one of the most important records in the genre.

Relapse Records will release a limited "Hall of Fame" edition vinyl version of "Onward To Golgotha" to coincide with these dates. The deluxe edition will be strictly limited to one pressing of 1,000 copies on colored vinyl and include an embroidered INCANTATION "Onward To Golgotha" patch and sticker. Additional release information will be posted via Relapse.com shortly.

INCANTATION "Onward To Golgotha" "Hall of Fame" shows with FUNERUS, FATALIST:

Nov. 19 - Chicago, IL - Reggie's Rock Club
Nov. 20 - New York, NY - Rebel (w/ MORTICIAN)
Nov. 21 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's

:OMG: Holy shit, i just recently got into Incantation and they are currently one of my favorite DM bands, and Onward to Golgotha is my favorite album by them. haha

I really hope I can make it to one of their shows.

Reading in my bordom, I came across this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_Type

Anyone know anything metal familiar to that?

Stranded alone on a barren island
No food to be found
Point of desperation
Shocking desicion on how to survive
Now it's time to break out the knife
First inscion the cut is complete
First source of food is one of your feet
Incredible pain as you cauterize the wound
Preparing yourself for a horrible doom

Amputation for your rations
Legs are gone, start new gashes

Half of your fingers are now cut away
To live through another agonizing day
Feasting on the rest of your arm
Next the slice goes across your throat

Apparently Autopsy read up on their stephen king.

I didn't know if I should post it in Slam or regular but we're playing with Suffocation at the Glasshouse in Pomona on Oct 30th, I'm beyond fucking pumped! if anyone lives down there and wants tickets or is driving from out of area we can hook you up with a free ticket as long as you show up to see us; it should be an awesome show!
http://invection.bigcartel.com/product/suffocation-tickets-oct-30-at-the-glasshouse
Suffo_DecibelTour_Admat.jpg

I didn't know if I should post it in Slam or regular but we're playing with Suffocation at the Glasshouse in Pomona on Oct 30th, I'm beyond fucking pumped! if anyone lives down there and wants tickets or is driving from out of area we can hook you up with a free ticket as long as you show up to see us; it should be an awesome show!
http://invection.bigcartel.com/product/suffocation-tickets-oct-30-at-the-glasshouse
Suffo_DecibelTour_Admat.jpg

I plan to go to the show the next day at The Whiskey in Hollywood, you got the hook up for that show too by chance??? :D

unfortunately no haha, suffocation at the whiskey should be awesome though! i've only been there once, i like the glasshouse better but hey, the whiskey is still pretty sick (except the fact that they stack sooo many bands on each show).

unfortunately no haha, suffocation at the whiskey should be awesome though! i've only been there once, i like the glasshouse better but hey, the whiskey is still pretty sick (except the fact that they stack sooo many bands on each show).

Damn. Id rather go to the glasshouse, I just have plans on that night. To be honest I fucking hate the whiskey, but certain bands will make me deal with it. Suffocation is one of them.