Death Metal

Yeah, im pretty excited about that show. Suffocation is my main reason, but i also heard The Faceless puts on a good live show. They are more "catchy" then those other bands but w/e, i like them either way.

The Faceless is considered catchy? definitely not to me, they're that kinda really techy and spacey sounding death metal; if anything i'd consider suffocation catchy because they have such awesome grooves in some of the heavy slamming parts.

thats a shame you can't make it; the whiskey isn't bad but like i said they put a tonnn of bands on to make the show super crowded and short set times, when i played California Metal Fest last year (I played at the Fox Theater) i went over and watched Misery Index at the glasshouse and it was a fucking awesome venue, i can't wait to go back! it's pretty crazy how those 2 venues are so close to each other.

thats a shame you can't make it; the whiskey isn't bad but like i said they put a tonnn of bands on to make the show super crowded and short set times, when i played California Metal Fest last year (I played at the Fox Theater) i went over and watched Misery Index at the glasshouse and it was a fucking awesome venue, i can't wait to go back! it's pretty crazy how those 2 venues are so close to each other.

Yeah I agree CA Metalfest last year had a pretty decent lineup. It was unique and interesting having the day split between the two venues. Dying Fetus and Misery Index fucking destroyed. I was up at the front banging my head the whole time. Good shit man, best of luck to you and your band. :kickass:

Yeah I agree CA Metalfest last year had a pretty decent lineup. It was unique and interesting having the day split between the two venues. Dying Fetus and Misery Index fucking destroyed. I was up at the front banging my head the whole time. Good shit man, best of luck to you and your band. :kickass:

did you get to see my band? we played at the Fox at like 3 or 4 pm I think. there's a video of us playing one of our songs where we had a pretty huge wall of death on youtube, I was surprised how much people got into it and it was insanely fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Faceless is considered catchy? definitely not to me, they're that kinda really techy and spacey sounding death metal; if anything i'd consider suffocation catchy because they have such awesome grooves in some of the heavy slamming parts.
Haha, well i guess i consider them to be catchy since they are less dark and brutal then say Suffocation. But at the same time i still think they are very good. Ridiculous drummer and guitarist. Great phrasing in the solo's too

did you get to see my band? we played at the Fox at like 3 or 4 pm I think. there's a video of us playing one of our songs where we had a pretty huge wall of death on youtube, I was surprised how much people got into it and it was insanely fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgTuGyPgiLU

your bands awesome, When are you guys going to release an LP?

your bands awesome, When are you guys going to release an LP?

we're actually in the final stages; all thats left is mastering and artwork (currently being worked on by dan seagrave) and we're in talks with about 5 labels over who would be the best to release it. it's going to be 10 tracks and it's sounding really heavy. thanks for the support and we're glad you like the music!

That looked painful, musta been some bruised bodies after that, lol. Good song.

haha yeah we couldn't believe how many people got into it, we usually do a wall of death for that song on the bigger shows and people seem to love it since when that riff comes in it fucking explodeesss. thanks, glad you like the song!

Seriously if anyone wants to come to the show we'd love to see any of you guys there! we're the first band so I think we play at 7, if you guys want tickets we have them for $20 in our webstore and if you show up in time to see us we'll give you a free shirt and cd!

If anyone who isn't from socal decides to come all the way out and catches our set we'll give you a free ticket AND a free shirt/cd! who could possibly pass up that deal?

yeah ill pm you back; anyone that buys a ticket from us and sees our set gets a ticket, a free shirt and a free cd; anyone who comes from out of the area and sees us gets a free ticket, a free cd and a free shirt!

we're going to be filming this for a youtube ad we're doing about our new album since we'll be playing a new song so we definitely want to see people raging!

I'm not really much of a grindcore fan and though I do enjoy death metal I'm often bored by death metal bands. However, can anyone recommend me something similar to Carcass' Symphonies of Sickness album? It doesn't necessarily have to be similar style-wise but at least something interesting that matches the heaviness and intensity of that album and preferably something from the late 80's or early 90's.