Death Metal

I'm not really much of a grindcore fan and though I do enjoy death metal I'm often bored by death metal bands. However, can anyone recommend me something similar to Carcass' Symphonies of Sickness album? It doesn't necessarily have to be similar style-wise but at least something interesting that matches the heaviness and intensity of that album and preferably something from the late 80's or early 90's.

!General%20Surgery%20Necrology%20CD.jpg

we're actually in the final stages; all thats left is mastering and artwork (currently being worked on by dan seagrave) and we're in talks with about 5 labels over who would be the best to release it. it's going to be 10 tracks and it's sounding really heavy. thanks for the support and we're glad you like the music!

Dan Seagrave is an amazing artist who does amazing album artwork. He did one of my all time favorite covers: Dark Recollections by Carnage

He also did Morbid Angel's Altars of Madness, Suffocations Effigy of the Forgotten and countless others.

Cool live vid, I am also looking forward to your EP. :kickass:

I'm not really much of a grindcore fan and though I do enjoy death metal I'm often bored by death metal bands. However, can anyone recommend me something similar to Carcass' Symphonies of Sickness album? It doesn't necessarily have to be similar style-wise but at least something interesting that matches the heaviness and intensity of that album and preferably something from the late 80's or early 90's.

not really too similar to Carcass, but check out these old-school grind albums if you haven't already, you might like em ...

Repulsion - Horrified
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Brutal Truth - Need To Control

and maybe some old Napalm Death albums, im not too big on them.