Death Metal

I have never really fucked with Death Metal, but I'm a little bored with my sound vault's variety, so I think I want to dabble....

Here's a list that I came up with for some good DM starter records. Anybody who wants to weigh in on the quality these choices, please do so...

Obituary (Slowly We Rot and Cause Of Death)
Autopsy (Mental Funeral and Severed Survival)
Morbid Angel (Altars of Madness)
Entombed (Left Hand Path)
Grave (Into the Grave)
Death (Scream Bloody Gore)
Asphyx (Last One on Earth)...

:devil::Shedevil::devil::Smokedev::Shedevil::devil:

I have never really fucked with Death Metal, but I'm a little bored with my sound vault's variety, so I think I want to dabble....

Here's a list that I came up with for some good DM starter records. Anybody who wants to weigh in on the quality these choices, please do so...

Grave (Into the Grave)

That's a pretty solid beginners list ... just add some Gorguts, Atheist, Bolt Thrower, Pestilence, Cannibal Corpse and Suffo to it.

Goddammit, get out of here noob. I'm sick of people coming into the middle of the thread and interrupting intelligent discussions with "Dude check out this new band Obituary! CC rocks! Chris Barnes sucks!!11!1" I'm all for bringing new people into this thread, but for fucks sake, quit rehashing the same shit. We have almost 400 pages of discussion and I bet that same exact post has been made like every ten pages. FUCKING. QUIT. Join what we are talking about, not interrupt it with your superficial knowledge of bands you found on Wikipedia.

Interrupting? Dude, just calm down. He's obviously new to death metal and wants to know where to start. Maybe he should have took it to the recommendations thread, but there's really nothing wrong with posting it here.

Oh and i just put in a order for the new Unleashed after reading a couple reviews, i was going to steer away from it because i didnt really enjoy As Yggdrasil Trembles.

The Rack is deff better than Last One on Earth. Odalheim is a better album than As Yggdrasil Trembles, but it's pretty similiar in style. Ofcourse older Unleashed is better. I do enjoy their new albums despite feeling the band needs to change up their sound somewhat.

Goddammit, get out of here noob. I'm sick of people coming into the middle of the thread and interrupting intelligent discussions with "Dude check out this new band Obituary! CC rocks! Chris Barnes sucks!!11!1" I'm all for bringing new people into this thread, but for fucks sake, quit rehashing the same shit. We have almost 400 pages of discussion and I bet that same exact post has been made like every ten pages. FUCKING. QUIT. Join what we are talking about, not interrupt it with your superficial knowledge of bands you found on Wikipedia.

Really? Are you that stupid?

Cattle Decapitation ‘Monolith Of Inhumanity’
Out May 08, 2012
Returning with their seventh full-length, the devastating Monolith Of Inhumanity, the band have never sounded more focused, more aggressive, or more determined to get in the faces of those who erroneously believe they have already experienced the band at their extreme best.

Cattle-Decapitation-Monolith-of-Humanity.jpg

"I’m really happy that with this record we’ve been able to successfully push the boundaries further than we ever have, and without going into the ‘suck’ realm or sounding contrived. We’ve gone so far out on a limb on this one, and I’m just ecstatic that we’ve pulled off what we were trying to achieve."

This achievement stands as one of the most volatile, ambitious, and impossible to aptly categorize records you will hear in 2012.

Official Cattle Decapitation:
http://www.metalblade.com/cattledecapitation/
http://www.facebook.com/cattledecapitation

I've absolutely hated Cattle Decapitation's albums in the past but I've heard several people say this one is quite different so I'm going to give it a try. I heard a song with some bizarrely bad death growl chorus? vocals from that album though.

He's a good musician.

No actually he's fucking terrible. Everything he has ever done was a tribute to simple things and even that he fucked up. Everything he has ever done was a pile of crap and whenever he was a member of some band it became shitty. He is the biggest failure of metal history. Unfortunately, some people still think he's something more than a dicksucking worm.

No actually he's fucking terrible. Everything he has ever done was a tribute to simple things and even that he fucked up. Everything he has ever done was a pile of crap and whenever he was a member of some band it became shitty. He is the biggest failure of metal history. Unfortunately, some people still think he's something more than a dicksucking worm.

This is seriously derivative stuff, but good goddamn fun

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you fellas misunderstood my intent. It's like this: if you want to become a scientist, you don't walk into a research lab and tell the guys working that a good place to start is the table of elements. They already know that shit. And he wasn't asking for a place to start, he was telling us. It's just another noob that wants to put in his two cents, hence the RIDICULOUS emoticon abuse. If he wanted recs, look back on the 400 pages of shit we've accumulated instead of being pathetically redundant. I'm all for helping new guys get into heavier stuff, but just don't be a dipshit about. Didn't mean to rant before. End of my explaining supposedly being stupid, and no, I'm not, I hope you see where I'm coming from more.

On a more related note, that Cattle Decapitation stuff looks really good so far, "A living, breathing piece of defacating meat" was rather excellent on first listen. I've enjoyed a fair amount of their work before, especially To Serve Man.

I think you fellas misunderstood my intent. It's like this: if you want to become a scientist, you don't walk into a research lab and tell the guys working that a good place to start is the table of elements. They already know that shit. And he wasn't asking for a place to start, he was telling us. It's just another noob that wants to put in his two cents, hence the RIDICULOUS emoticon abuse.

Your reading comprehension...fail. He asked for feedback regarding the quality of the list that he assembled. He wasn't recommending anything.

Grave (Into the Grave)

Solid list, maybe throw in Suffocation - Pierced From Within, Dismember - Like An Ever Flowing Stream and some early Edge of Sanity.

I think you fellas misunderstood my intent. It's like this: if you want to become a scientist, you don't walk into a research lab and tell the guys working that a good place to start is the table of elements. They already know that shit. And he wasn't asking for a place to start, he was telling us. It's just another noob that wants to put in his two cents, hence the RIDICULOUS emoticon abuse. If he wanted recs, look back on the 400 pages of shit we've accumulated instead of being pathetically redundant. I'm all for helping new guys get into heavier stuff, but just don't be a dipshit about. Didn't mean to rant before. End of my explaining supposedly being stupid, and no, I'm not, I hope you see where I'm coming from more.

On a more related note, that Cattle Decapitation stuff looks really good so far, "A living, breathing piece of defacating meat" was rather excellent on first listen. I've enjoyed a fair amount of their work before, especially To Serve Man.

I don't see it as being THAT big of an inconvenience, especially since the discussion in this thread is never THAT streamlined.

The new Cattle Decap is quite enjoyable. I've never been into their stuff, in fact they've always been a band I've mocked; but Monolith is able to capture a feeling / energy that is just fun...their vegetarian messages aside.

CP have never been given a fair shake by "true" death metal fans because of who they tour with, and that's it. Because they play shows with bands like Red Chord and Himsa, I've heard them wrote off as metalcore from the beginning. Plus, ANUS nerds hate them because they're fiercely politically liberal. It's all retarded. Cattle Decapitation has always been a death/goregrind band, and they have evolved a lot over their discography, folding in more melodic and progressive elements over the years. If you just don't like em, fine, but don't accuse CP of being some shitty scene act.