Death Metal

That also makes them one of the best live bands of all time, I'm 100% convinced. Asphyx has a tried-and-true formula to writing songs that bring the absolute retardation if you're even moderately close to the front row. Having seen them 3 times, I can safely say that even though I don't quite listen to them as much as I should, whenever they play MDF, they destroy. So heavy, catchy and headbang-worthy. I also love MVD's between-song banter.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bve2JMAu-Ng"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bve2JMAu-Ng[/ame]

One of my favorites from the new Autopsy. Other than Forever Hungry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just listened to it, same old Origin, if you're a fan you'll probably really like it. I like the music for what it is but the lyrics are cringe worthy as fuck.

Hey guys, new here...I agree with that. Origin might be the most overrated deathmetal in history. They play the most basic structures but throw in tons of notes in them, but the musical ideas are insultingly simplistic. And it's not even "good simple", it's just flat out bad. That promotion vid they made for the new album, that song is just awful. It's embarrassing they'd play that to promote anything at all.

Haven't found much to look forward to in terms of death metal for 2014...the genre is kind of dead really.

Hey guys, new here...I agree with that. Origin might be the most overrated deathmetal in history. They play the most basic structures but throw in tons of notes in them, but the musical ideas are insultingly simplistic. And it's not even "good simple", it's just flat out bad. That promotion vid they made for the new album, that song is just awful. It's embarrassing they'd play that to promote anything at all.

Haven't found much to look forward to in terms of death metal for 2014...the genre is kind of dead really.

If you think the genre is dead, you haven't really been paying attention. At least, the OSDM revival scene, the black/death scene, and the Brutal Death Metal (think New Standard Elite, not "slam") scenes have been thriving.

Every part of death metal is growing by leaps and bounds, whether it be slam, NSE styled brutal death, old school bands releasing new shit, OSDM tribute bands, or black/death war metal. Death metal is alive and well, in all its forms.

Anyone know the song lengths on Entombed A.D back to the front ?. Metal-Archives does not have a page up for the band as of yet.

Apparently Obscure Infinity is coming out with another full length in early 2015, should kick ass

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Incantation really has anything bad, but Dirges of Elysium is their best shit since Diabolical Conquest/The Infernal Storm. Vanquish in Vengeance is great also. I don't remember it being bad, but I do not listen to Blasphemy at all. Maybe I will give it another listen.

Every part of death metal is growing by leaps and bounds, whether it be slam, NSE styled brutal death, old school bands releasing new shit, OSDM tribute bands, or black/death war metal. Death metal is alive and well, in all its forms.

the slam scene is amazing right now. :headbang: