Death Metal

I enjoy it. It's the kind of early 2000s, kinda spazzy, constantly shifting tech death I typically like. Raw and dirty, kinda came around before tech was the over-inflated deal it is today. Need to pull it off the shelf sometime soon, I've been on a "not-really-obscure-just-kind-of-ignored" early 2000s brutal death kick (shit like Infested, Reinfection, Drift of Genes, Deepred, etc.), and they kind of fit that abstract description. Are you a Yattering fan? That's about as close to Nefas's sound as I can think, the weird, spazzy yet brutal sound without being overly spastic like Malignancy or something.

Reactions: CiG
I enjoy it. It's the kind of early 2000s, kinda spazzy, constantly shifting tech death I typically like. Raw and dirty, kinda came around before tech was the over-inflated deal it is today. Need to pull it off the shelf sometime soon, I've been on a "not-really-obscure-just-kind-of-ignored" early 2000s brutal death kick (shit like Infested, Reinfection, Drift of Genes, Deepred, etc.), and they kind of fit that abstract description. Are you a Yattering fan? That's about as close to Nefas's sound as I can think, the weird, spazzy yet brutal sound without being overly spastic like Malignancy or something.

I know of Yattering but I've not heard much outside of a short Youtube venture back when brutal death metal was my thing. Slowly opening myself up to the style again and I am definitely preferring these late 90's and early 00's bands, especially the weirdo technical stuff.

Thanks for the reminder, I should try to track down that first Yattering album. Btw are you doing a list for the 1994 game? I'd be interested to see a strictly death metal list since I didn't seem to know much death metal from the specific year.

Yattering is a great choice, really all of their death metal albums are a fun little trip. Definitely unique while still having the blistering trademark Polish sound. Most of their shit is pretty available.

Honestly, I never bother with "Best of..." list because I just never bother taking the time to analyze. However, here's a few of my favorite picks from that year:

Brutality-When the Sky Turns Black
Cryptopsy-Blasphemy Made Flesh
Ghost-The Lost of Mercy
Gutted-Bleed for Us to Live
Incantation-Mortal Throne of Nazarene
Infester-To the Depths, in Degradation
Internal Bleeding-Perpetual Degradation
Oppressor-Solstice of Oppression
Timeghoul-Panaramic Twilight

If you want, I can toss together a quick list of all the '94 releases I'm aware of/have listened to at least once. I'm a list-guy, so just let me know.

@RadicalThrasher (and anybody else) you might like this album, I wanted to include it in my 1994 list but turns out it was released originally on tape in 1993, anyways they sounded like a long lost Swedeath band, more subdued guitar tone but reeking of Dismember/Entombed influences yet they're actually from Poland.

I think many people are fooled by the band's visual aesthetic and dismiss them as some kind of black/viking/folk metal band but it's just killer death metal (imo).

Got the reissue of that from Dark Descent a while back. The guy that runs Pathos Productions was trying to sell his OG copy for $666 (I think) LOL

@RadicalThrasher (and anybody else) you might like this album, I wanted to include it in my 1994 list but turns out it was released originally on tape in 1993, anyways they sounded like a long lost Swedeath band, more subdued guitar tone but reeking of Dismember/Entombed influences yet they're actually from Poland.

I think many people are fooled by the band's visual aesthetic and dismiss them as some kind of black/viking/folk metal band but it's just killer death metal (imo).

Awesome! Thanks