Death Metal

Mexican death metal link dump from hell. :kickass:

Some real fucking gems in here. This is a bunch of shit I found digging the last few days and saved to a playlist for when I'm reading. We need to start having scene-based discussions like morguelord did for awhile on Fecesbook.

I think the Kadath demo is my favourite of this shit in here, followed by R'lyeh and Blackthorn.

@jimmy101 @CiG

this right here is a masterpiece, id say its better than everything they released afterwards ....

ok, so i cant seem to find the title track from their Transcendence EP. The one thats on youtube skips the first few minutes which is the most important part of the song. wtf:bah: I might have to upload it myself

Reactions: CiG
Yeah, it was the last of their albums I fully got into. Their two most recent releases haven't quite had the same vibe for me.

I've kind of warmed up to A Maze of Recycled Creeds. That's usually how it goes with most tech-death anyway imo. Its not like most of the other shit that you can listen to once or twice like doom or black metal and like/have a solid opinion of. Multiple spins are required to truly appreciate good tech-death. Imagine someone putting on Obscura from Gorguts for the first time and saying "fuck yeah, i totally get this!" :lol:

I've kind of warmed up to A Maze of Recycled Creeds. That's usually how it goes with most tech-death anyway imo. Its not like most of the other shit that you can listen to once or twice like doom or black metal and like/have a solid opinion of. Multiple spins are required to truly appreciate good tech-death. Imagine someone putting on Obscura from Gorguts for the first time and saying "fuck yeah, i totally get this!" :lol:
Haha yeah my first listen of Obscura induced a bit of head-scratching.

I have the belief that Sandrine Bourguignon was Gorod's greatest drummer.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
that's the highlight, they also redo Earth Pus(from Neurotripsicks), give us three instrumentals ... one of which is an instrumental based of Blackout from Leading Vision, another based off Earth Pus and a cover of Cynic's Textures. one of my favorite EP's

The Transcendence EP was fantastic (the single, the rest was filler), basically master-craft, and got me hyped for the new album. Then the album came out and it wasn't nearly as good. Havent checked out any of their newer albums since, but when in the mood I love Gorod. Neurotripsicks and Leading Vision are basically neck and neck for me as their best album - with a nod towards Leading Vision I guess, and I was disappointed when the drummer left (still a hole they couldn't quite fill in terms of style).

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I've only heard Neurotripsicks. I need to get on getting some stuff for this band as I really like the debut. They are coming around here later this year with Psycroptic so I need to get up to speed on them.

2019 death metal that might be worth a shot:

Musmahhu - Reign of the Odious

Huge and cavernous. My favourite I've heard so far this year.

Ossuarium - Living Tomb

Doesn't really grab me personally, but seems well put together. Lots of doomish dirges.

Necrom - The Light has Never Been Here

Featuring members that have been in numerous Ukrainian black metal bands (Nokturnal Mortum, Hate Forest, Dub Buk).

Damnation Lust - Black Book of the Necromancer

Really basic, but conjures a nice dark and morbid atmosphere. I'd have probably liked this a lot more a few years back.

Nothing great so far this year for me, although the Musmahhu is growing on me.

Last edited: