Death Metal

The tracks I heard were fucking amazing. I'll have to pick that album up.

They don't really sound 'modern' or 'old school' to be honest. I don't really know how to describe them.

The tracks I heard were fucking amazing. I'll have to pick that album up.

They don't really sound 'modern' or 'old school' to be honest. I don't really know how to describe them.

I agree. I need to give it more spins. As of now I think the more recent material is probably superior (tracks 1-3, save the Amorphis cover) but the older stuff is cool as well. My only other complaint is that the lyrics are not printed in the booklet (nor anywhere that I can find).

Yeah, I asked one of the guys in the band to type the lyrics because they're unavailable everywhere I've checked, and he asked what songs, I replied "all of them, if you would" and he never got back to me. Fag :(

I listen to Death metal as well as melodic death metal and black metal, so I like both genres. Everyone should expand their horizons:kickass:

exactly...like exploring the wonderful fountain of noise known as grindcore and goregrind.

Nile, Hate eternal, behemoth for example and I go to all death metal concerts

First off, I was talking to ohiogrinder and second of all, I was talking about the genre MELODEATH not melodic death metal. Melodeath pertains to bands such as In Flames, Soilwork, and Dark Tranquillity who have a cheesily happy sound (barring DT's first two albums which are pretty good) and suck for the most part.

why was the melodic deathmetal thread closed

Probably because of redundancy. If you were meaning to create a thread for Gothenburg styled bands maybe you should clarify that next time, since those bands really don't fit into the discussion in this thread while actual melodic death metal does.

First off, I was talking to ohiogrinder and second of all, I was talking about the genre MELODEATH not melodic death metal. Melodeath pertains to bands such as In Flames, Soilwork, and Dark Tranquillity who have a cheesily happy sound (barring DT's first two albums which are pretty good) and suck for the most part.

I didn't even know you were talking to me. non melodic death? Incantation, Immolation, Deeds Of Flesh, Severed Savior, Suffocation, Morbid Angel (not sure if this qualifies), early Grave is pretty abrasive, Disgorge (both Mex and US, the Holland and Australian ones are grindcore)

Did you even read my post? Melodeath and melodic death are two different things. I wasn't talking about un-melodic death metal.

Melodic death metal:

Sacramentum
Eucharist
Intestine Baalism
Unanimated
Amorphis
Dissection

etc.