Death Metal

Need the new Supuration, their take is some of the most obscure, odd-sounding death metal (and I use that term loosely here) I've ever heard.

Ebu Gogo: Gutting the Child is one of my favorite releases. It sounds like a hollow Disgorge. A totally textural experience, bizarre, primal and totally jarring.

KC^ is sick. Heard a track or two a while back, very interesting stuff. Was expecting bland war metal, totally defied that expectation.

Can't say I really enjoy that style of death metal, but I don't hate it either. It's not like I'm averse to heavy use of blasting, I just find most of it to not be very memorable and I could rarely sit through a full album of this style. I might check out that Chaos Inception album from your list because the artwork is pretty cool.

Do you think early Sinister was also a big influence on this style even though they sound a bit more old school? I'm a fan of Cross the Styx and Diabolical Summoning.

I mean, I could see it drawing from a lot of older bands. I feel as though it's mainly a more extreme continuation of the Floridian forebearers, of which Sinister also drew a lot of influence from. Could be, but I don't think that would be one they would mention if asked, but I could be wrong.

Chaos Inception is one of my favorite bands currently, I have The Abrogation spinning in my car yet again. Some of the finest guitar work around, and the drumming is tight and surgically precise.

Try the others you don't know, chances are you'll like them. I was extremely picky with who to put on there.

I've lately been digging super blast heavy, furious DM in the vein of Hate Eternal, Krisiun, etc. I recently compiled somewhat of a compendium of bands I think fit this style. Check it out:

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Morguelord/furious_blasting_death_metal/
A lot of bands on there. I only checked out a few that I hadn't heard of. Fleshtized and Hate Storm Annihilation sound like they have some promise. I've heard of Dies Irae before, but not sure if I ever listened to them. They sound pretty good also. Vital Remains is shitty btw ;)

HSA is one of my favorite albums of all time, spun that in my car more than just about any other album.

Vital Remains is a classic, and Let Us Pray is one of the greatest old school death metal albums of all time. Agree to disagree, I suppose. Regardless, their later material does fit the template for the list.

Looking for a couple recommendations-

The first is death metal with a particularly pissed off sound, yet is still digestible and catchy. I am not finding a lot of good albums that I haven't heard before that fall into this category. A good example would be Deicide's debut.

The second is a little tougher to describe because if I try to put adjectives on it, it would sound like I am describing technical death metal or later Gorguts, and I mostly dislike both. A sound similar to Cadaver's In Pains is basically what I am trying to find-somewhat of a genre-bending, unorthodox sound with minimalist, yet clear production. I don't want to use the term dissonant or off-beat, and I'm sure that there is a better term out there, but I think those familiar with In Pains would know what I am trying to describe.

The first is death metal with a particularly pissed off sound, yet is still digestible and catchy. I am not finding a lot of good albums that I haven't heard before that fall into this category. A good example would be Deicide's debut.

The second is a little tougher to describe because if I try to put adjectives on it, it would sound like I am describing technical death metal or later Gorguts, and I mostly dislike both. A sound similar to Cadaver's In Pains is basically what I am trying to find-somewhat of a genre-bending, unorthodox sound with minimalist, yet clear production. I don't want to use the term dissonant or off-beat, and I'm sure that there is a better term out there, but I think those familiar with In Pains would know what I am trying to describe.

Reactions: theflyingmachine