Death Metal

They'll probably go back to some really boring sound like on Heretic I think. Illud... Was obviously a worse album but at least it was entertainingly bad, Heretic was just dull.

everything after dominations was dull, well played and executed, just not interesting

illud was something else
something entirely else

like shizenhousen....MA died after Domination imo and that's not even a good album. IMO and l believe of the majority of old school MA fans, they didnt do shite after Covenant. A band that was so fucking brutal and awesome and deserves their place in Godly metal history tho.

Probably forgetting some and this isn't a top 5, but off the top of my head some good ones are:

Darkthrone - Soulside Journey, Goatlord
Molested - Blod-draum
Cadaver - In Pains
Fester - Winter of Sin
Obliteration - Black Death Horizon

Probably forgetting some and this isn't a top 5, but off the top of my head some good ones are:

Molested - Blod-draum
Cadaver - In Pains
Fester - Winter of Sin
this is a really good list

Molested - Blod-draum
Cadaver - In Pains
Fester - Winter of Sin

I've actually never heard of Fester or Obliteration. I'll check these out. many thanks

that'd be p much my exact list, minus fester who i'm not big on (plus STORMVOLD if we're including EPs). it's not a deep pool. SOULSIDE JOURNEY is tops for me.

I haven't listened to that Fester album in years so my opinion might have changed but I do remember enjoying it.

'Silly' vocals aside, I prefer Goatlord to Soulside Journey I think.

I'd have thought Blod-draum might be your favourite, because as Yerfdaug mentioned in another thread, it gives off some early ATGs vibes at points.

The only albums mentioned yet that I own are Blod-draum and Soulside Journey so I guess that I should check out these other bands.

What would you guys say are the best 5 - 10 death metal albums from Norway? Randomly thought of this the other day, just curious what some of you think.

Not a candidate for best by any means but some great newer bands are Gouge (very important newer band imo), Mion's Hill, Diskord, Mabuse and Reptilian, plus these guys who released a totally primitive death metal gem last year that seemed to go under the radar.

Last edited: