Death Metal

Checking out more of spanish Graveyard's music. Sounds like nice heavy death metal with doomy bits. Anyone here familiar with their discography cares to state their favorite release?

A continuation of the story arc introduced by the Gold and Rust EP, Transcend follows our human protagonist through an out of body experience in which he witnesses the three otherworldly entities as they travel to earth through portals unknown to execute ‘the event.'

For fans of Hate Eternal, early Gorguts, early Decapitated and early Ulcerate.

Checking out more of spanish Graveyard's music. Sounds like nice heavy death metal with doomy bits. Anyone here familiar with their discography cares to state their favorite release?

One With the Dead and the one you posted are both high quality death metal. Haven’t heard the album from this year.

God damn these dudes from Chile sound straight out of the late 80's, with a heavy bass guitar presence.

I could frankly give a fuck about new Wormed, I heard like 2 minutes of whatever their last one was and didn't care; Planisphaerium is enough for me, essentially. I'm sure I'll get their other albums at some point, but definitely not a priority.

Still feel this way? Thought the EP was actually pretty sweet.

Especially this song. Really nailing those early 00's era Immolation riffs.

Still feel this way? Thought the EP was actually pretty sweet.

Especially this song. Really nailing those early 00's era Immolation riffs.

It's ok at best. I hate that plastic drum sound, and Phlegethon's vocals have no personality anymore, they sound like everyone else. It's alright, like a 6/10, but this doesn't sound like Wormed to me. If it was another band, I might like it more, but this doesn't sound like the same band that did Planisphaerium at all.

Reactions: CiG
It's ok at best. I hate that plastic drum sound, and Phlegethon's vocals have no personality anymore, they sound like everyone else. It's alright, like a 6/10, but this doesn't sound like Wormed to me. If it was another band, I might like it more, but this doesn't sound like the same band that did Planisphaerium at all.

That's fair enough, I suppose the EP would be a bit tedious if it were a full length. Phlegeton in particular is the bit I agree with you about, ah well.

2019 has been an incredible year for Death Metal...

Cerebral Rot ~ Odious Descent Into Decay
Contrarian ~ Their Worm Never Dies
Disentomb - The Decaying Light
Distant ~ Tyrannotophia
Nightfell ~ A Sanity Deranged
Sempiternal Dusk ~ Cenotaph Of Defectuous Creation
Tomb Mold ~ Planetary Clairvoyance
Vltimas ~ Something Wicked Marches
Witch Vomit ~ Buried Deep In A Grave

Have all been shockingly good as well as many
others I haven't had the time to listen to.

Reactions: EspaDa
Been jamming these lately:

On the brutal side of things. Canadian death metal from 1992 with an ultra guttural vocalist, kinda has a Devourment vibe.

Schizophrenic Spanish tech death with heavy emphasis on the bass. Lots of weird noodling weaved throughout and great drumming too.

The perfect precursor to Eroded Thoughts, the dissonance really shines here.

Experimental shit from Finland.

2019 death metal from Colorado that worships the Finnish style.

Sounds really good. :kickass:

Now I want you to know I'm not shitting on you to troll you; I'm genuinely asking a question out of sheer curiosity. Are you fucking high? On something more potent than weed? I've watched a few of the threads in here. I've seen you listen to good music, but can you seriously listen to this without ever going, "Wait, is this Dethklock?"

I didn't. Just listened to a few Dethklok songs on Youtube and the similarities are pretty tenuous, beyond the shared aspects of the genre. Dethklok is definitely much more melodic to my ears, whereas Tzun Tzu sound more like an amalgamation of classic brutal death metal.

I didn't. Just listened to a few Dethklok songs on Youtube and the similarities are pretty tenuous, beyond the shared aspects of the genre. Dethklok is definitely much more melodic to my ears, whereas Tzun Tzu sound more like an amalgamation of classic brutal death metal.

It's the sing-song feel in the rhythm and vocals, and the way every phrase is of a similar duration and construction.