Death Metal

Am I a hipster if I say I fucking hate Symbolic? It always feels like really simplistic songs dressed up in fancy fingerwork. I just don't trust non-inverted cross Death.

has zero death metal riffs.

:lol: that's the stupidest thing ive heard and with that logic you can also apply that to some of the same bands and albums you were just praising. The main riff of that track is the definition of a technical death metal riff and again, you can hear similar riffs in just about every technical death metal band, including some of the ones you praised. You are one confused and pretentious individual.

If you can't appreciate the songwriting on Symbolic, it's your total loss.

I prefer my death metal to be structured narratively, or at least try to hide the recursive verse/chorus structures a little more artfully. I don't like Chuck's vocal performance on the album. I don't like that the riffing regressed toward speed metal/thrash metal (whatever you wanna call it). I don't like the overly scrubbed mix; it's too clean and pretty. I don't like the consonance of the internal progressions. There's no darkness, there's no evil, there's no blood and guts in it. The playing is world class. Individual pieces of songs are sometimes cool in isolation, but the whole package feels sugary sweet to my ears, and I just don't like it.

Human is pretty damn good, though.

Symbolic sucks beacuse the songwriting is sooooo simplistic ... goes on and praises Bestial Devastation. :lol: What a fucking clown

This shit is relative to what you're trying to accomplish. Bestial Devastation doesn't need to be complex. It's basically an exploration of violence and force at a purely visceral level. Symbolic wants to be fancypants, but doesn't carry that past the superficial level of surface aesthetic. Horses for courses, man.

Symbolic's probably the tightest Death has been to be honest. Their last album is above and beyond any tech death/prog death album though I think. The Flesh and the Power it Holds is such a strong track. Spirit Crusher keeps me on my toes every time.

Reactions: Allfader and CiG
This shit is relative to what you're trying to accomplish. Bestial Devastation doesn't need to be complex. It's basically an exploration of violence and force at a purely visceral level. Symbolic wants to be fancypants, but doesn't carry that past the superficial level of surface aesthetic. Horses for courses, man.
you're a moron. One of the reasons you said you dislike that Death album is because supposedly(and a pretty damn ridiculous claim at that) "the songwriting is too simplistic", while at the same time praising one of the most simplistic death/thrash releases. I think those hormone pills you're taking have damaged your already feeble mind.