Death Metal

Zephyrus, if you're a fan of Incantation's debut, you should give that Fleshcrawl album a few more spins. I always found both albums
to be rather similar, but I think that Fleshcrawl's debut is quite a bit better.

OtG is damn good but i wouldn't put it on the same level as 'descend...'. it's so massively packed full of potential energy which explodes at all the right moments in all the right ways, the sheer power and scale of it is unstoppable. not just the riffs, it has arguably my favourite combination of drum production and drum performance in metal, totally relentless and calculated and colossal, it's like the echoes of an apocalyptic storm floating out across the old bone-filled wasteland it left in its wake. vocals are absolutely positively perfect DM vox as well, toneless and totally primordial, and then there's the scrawlingly chaotically desolate solos/leads man. i can't fault it.

Where could I listen to some songs from Descend into the Absurd? I might have to borrow my brothers copy of Onward to Golgatha, I listened to a couple songs before but never really listened to the album as a whole and let it sink in. I need to do that.

The Aftermath and Wrath of Vishnu were very good songs, so I will probably pick it up sometime. I also have been liking Arsis's newer stuff I've been hearing on XM Radio, Feast of The Liars Tongue and shattering The Spell, Necrophagist too.

The Aftermath and Wrath of Vishnu were very good songs, so I will probably pick it up sometime. I also have been liking Arsis's newer stuff I've been hearing on XM Radio, Feast of The Liars Tongue and shattering The Spell, Necrophagist too.

I'm definitely getting the new Origin. Listened to a couple more songs and they sound great.

Cant wait to listen to Necrophagist's next album :kickass:

None of them, but if you must start, start with In Their Darkened Shrines
No, they may be the best Death Metal band out there currently making music, Ityllphallic is pretty accessible, and wouldn't be a bad starting point, Annihilation of The Wicked is better than that so I'd go with that. But In Their Darkened Shrines just may be the best album they've done. I'd recommend listening to some of their songs on MySpace and Youtube as well. Black Seeds of Vengeance isn't all that great though.

If I had to go for a best death metal band currently making music, a year or two ago I would have said Decapitated, except Vitek died (RIP) and Sauron quit so I really dont have much interest in anything else they do atm. Now I'm not sure, I havent really been keeping up with modern death metal much, but I am quite a fan of Bloodbath, so I would probably say them, even though I do love Nile.