Death Metal

What do you all think of Sadistic Intent? I checked them out with low expectations, but was thoroughly impressed. Better than Possessed in my opinion.

So what other Finnish DM do I need? Only know Demilich and Demigod so far, methinks I need to investigate further.

So what other Finnish DM do I need? Only know Demilich and Demigod so far, methinks I need to investigate further.

Adramelech - Psychostasia/Seven/The Fall
Vorum - Grim Death Awaits
Convulse - World Without God
Xysma - Yeah
Sentenced - North From Here
Sentenced - Shadows of the Past
Psychopathic Terror - 230204
Cacodaemon - Tales of Demoncy
Abhorrence - Vulgar Necrolatry
Funebre - Cranial Torment
Mordicus - Dances From Left
Claws - Absorbed in the Nethervoid
Slugathor - Unleashing the Slugathron
Slugathor - Circle of Death
Slugathor - Echoes From Beneath
Cosmic Atrophy - Codex Incubo (not from Finland, but very Finnish sounding)
Depravity - Silence of the Centuries

should be a good starting point lol.

haha awesome, will youtube all that today. Thanks for the recs as always.

Think I might get that Vorum album, sounds pretty epic so far. Album actually available in major retailer, wasn't expecting that lol. Convulse - World Without God is very nice too.

Seems to me that finnish DM is similar to sweDM in some ways but with a bit more brutality like the old US stuff, kind of a fusion of the two.

For anybody interested..

Hi everyone!
Just letting you know that I have now put up the next 'TO THE DEATH' release for possible pre-orders.
This one is limited to 300 copies, so act fast!

MEGA SLAUGHTER - Death Remains - The demos 90-91 LP
Release date: Nov. 12the, 2010

Classic death metal from this overseen swedish band. Their two demos transfered at studio Sunlight from the original mastertapes + two never before heard tracks from an early incantation of the band!
Limited to 300 handnumbered copies it includes an 8-page, A5 size fanzine-style-booklet with lyrics, info, photos and other classic memorabilia all true to the classic swedish döds scene.

Order it from: www.bloodharvest.se/catalog

Which reminds me I haven't listened to Calls from the Beyond in fucking forever. I will have to fix that. Hopefully I can grab that LP soon as well. Been a while since my last Blood Harvest haul.

what the verdict on this album guys?

263181.jpg

Vasaeleth - Crypt Born and Tethered to Ruin

Good new black/ death metal, except VERY similar to Incantation. If you don't mind the similarities, then you should enjoy it.

Not quite as innovative as I would have hoped. For me to really like any of these newer "old-school feeling" bands, they have to bring something new to the table. Otherwise it just sounds too replicated/copied. I'm still on the fence with whether I consider Crypt Born and Tethered to Ruin to be an Incantation rip off, or an interesting full length debut for Vasaeleth.

I guess I just have to give it a few more listens and wait to see what direction the band takes with their next album.