Deathcore and metalcore suck?

Because lots of death metal definitely doesn't ever use chugging riffs, as rhythm is certainly not a big part of what death metal is about as a whole. Face it Thoth, you have pretty much incredibly traditionalist, and, aside from that, extremely static, taste in metal.

Because lots of death metal definitely doesn't ever use chugging riffs, as rhythm is certainly not a big part of what death metal is about as a whole. Face it Thoth, you have pretty much incredibly traditionalist, and, aside from that, extremely static, taste in metal.

of course death metal uses chugging riffs... but EVERY SINGLE core song has the same chugga chugga riffs! i have not heard a single core song without the standard chugging riffs juxtaposed against the harmonized riffs. its so formulaic. honestly i don't care if my tastes in metal are traditionalist or static... that's fine. honestly i don't have the time or the interest to listen to 10,000 new bands a week. there's way too much good shit outside of metal for me to spend my time lapping up the dregs of the genre.

My favorite thing about metalcore/deathcore bands, especially younger kids who are starting out in bands like that, is the total ignorance as to why the style of music they play exists as it does. I remember some kid trying to confront me on "oldschool" death metal, citing bands like Napalm Death and Dark Tranquillity. I didn't even laugh or make fun of him, I was just kind of like "yeah...ok" and walked off. :erk:

It's all about looking cool and getting pussy, there's no decent aesthetic behind music like that. Oftentimes, the people in those bands will tell you that. It's that old vacuous thing that drives most shite artists, and it's always obvious if that's their MO.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the scene kids typing in all caps on youtube videos about how brutal stuff is, and appending everything with KEEP IT BRUUTAL!!. I really can't blame anyone for finding that incredibly annoying, and he's saying such irritation gets pinned on the scene that spawns such idiotic behavior. He's also saying we have to bite our tongues and hope they start listening to some better music, be it true metal or some good deathcore/metalcore.

I don't think this is what he's saying and I think that if you can glean this much from his post, you're incredibly good at figuring things out, which I doubt.

No, WAIF pretty much summed up what I was saying: ie the reason why it gets so much hate is because the stupidity of a lot of the fans provokes it. It's like the anti-Opeth sentiments. I don' think there's anything so inherently offensive about their music that could justifiably cause so many strong reactions and as such I think a lot of people do it just to balance out all the gushing praise that comes for them.

Is Stone Temple Pilots "Core" album a "core" album?? I'm confused.

Wait a couple of years and all the core scene kids will have moved on to the next trend, and on the good metalcore and deathcore bands will remain.

I know someone in a deathcore band and talking about music with them is like talking to a ten year old girl who has a Barbie lunch box.

They're aware of the feelings of 'tru metal' people and try their best to mock it, putting on fake beards and so on. Whatever, just don't try and pretend anything you do is noteworthy when it really isn't.

I generally don't like Deathcore/Metalcore, but I don't mind and even really like some of the post-metalcore/hardcore shit including Cult of Luna, Burst, The Ocean, etc.