Deathcore and metalcore suck?

there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting psyched up, running around flailing one's arms and legs, and feeling the "brotherhood" etc.

I hate metalcore, mostly because of breakdowns. Someone said long time ago that Whitechapel is good deathcore, This Is Exile is rather average, for me the whole album is just a one major fucking breakdown, as if those breakdowns were made to fill some kind of void.

Couple of breakdowns are good but if there is a shitload of them that is kind of uncreative for me, that's why I think that most metalcore and deathcore bands suck ass.

yeah it is true that breakdowns are supposed to surprise the listener through the sudden change in speed and heaviness but if all the band does is breakdowns it's not surprising anymore

I know someone in a deathcore band and talking about music with them is like talking to a ten year old girl who has a Barbie lunch box.

They're aware of the feelings of 'tru metal' people and try their best to mock it, putting on fake beards and so on. Whatever, just don't try and pretend anything you do is noteworthy when it really isn't.

yeah, I agree. however I got this scene kid I knew into Agathocles, which is a start.

What do people think of this?

Anyone who knows me will know I don't care for metalcore, and hold a particular animosity towards Boston metalcore due to being forced to sit through it and its obnoxious fans at every fucking show around here, but ironically here is some Boston metalcore I like.

Last edited by a moderator:
^hell yes!

What do people think of this?
i like SF. they are one of the least -core of metalcore bands which is probably why you like them. their songs are a bit samey though and some breakdowns would help imo.

Well, it varies from album to album tbh. Of One Blood has very clear hardcore influences, while their latest is more or less pure thrash. I've heard the debut is straight up melodic death metal but I find that claim rather suspicious.

Every genre can be effective when done correctly. I only like a few deathcore bands but plenty of metalcore...for deathcore, the first All Shall Perish is good, Man Must Die is good, Despised Icon, The Plasmarifle, and the Beneath the Massacre EP...all good or great. For metalcore, I'm a big fan of The Sorrow, Raunchy, It Dies Today (though it sounds like their new album will suck), Bridge to Solace, Faust Again, Parkway Drive (Sirens > KWAS to me), War of Ages, etc.

I think that both of these styles being popular is very much a fad propagated by labels and promoters as well as the bands creating the music to some extent...it sells right now, and that's why people do it. Some bands are good at it, and they should be lauded for making good music. No entire genre sucks or is for faggots or whatever, and anyone who thinks this can get the fuck off this board.

beneath the massacre is technical brutal death metal not deathcore.

I've heard alot of people stick a -core on BtM... at first I thought it was because they share label and merch stores with -core bands... but I'm not so sure any more.

I've heard alot of people stick a -core on BtM... at first I thought it was because they share label and merch stores with -core bands... but I'm not so sure any more.

people who say btm is deathcore obviously dont know much about death metal. BTM is brutal technical death metal and the best at it. Maybe its because they dont look like typical death metallers and have some breakdowns but do you see anyone calling suffocation deathcore just cause they have some breakdowns?

Beneath The Massacre sound like deathcore and metalcore to me.

well i definitely hear them do some bleedeblebleep-bloop-bleep guitars so they might be technical. and their vocals are lower than your average deathcore vocals so they might be brutal.

well i definitely hear them do some bleedeblebleep-bloop-bleep guitars so they might be technical. and their vocals are lower than your average deathcore vocals so they might be brutal.

they are like a more brutal and technical necrophagist, 100% tech death.

yeah i think you are right. you're named after them ffs! ;o