Deathcore and metalcore suck?

Just seems like a rip off of what At the Gates did and did well.
Other than that in my opinion, it did not seem that there needed to be anything past At the Gates-Slaughter of the Soul etc.

All this metalcore seems to be just a rehash of what ATG did.
So to me there is not much uniqueness in it and yes, breakdowns straight out of the locka room are just really gay.

a lot of them are juvenile, ignorant about metal in general and get blown away how AWESOME this music is. I don't want to hear how awesome Killswitch Engage from someone who's never heard The Red in the Sky is Ours. However, I think we have to try to restrain our natural impulse to smash posers because I imagine a lot of us had the same relationship to nu-metal that a lot of current teens have with metalcore.

I think this is a stupid and narrow-minded response, typical of a "tr00" metalhead, and it bothers me, to be honest. Just because someone likes KSE and hasn't heard a minor (or major to some people) classic in old death metal doesn't make their opinion necessarily invalid or make them a poser automatically. Also, just because someone likes metalcore doesn't make them a trend following teenager. Though obviously I don't see this as a personal attack (as there's no reason for me to), I feel that I must illustrate that it's possible to like metalcore and a lot of other stuff, and it doesn't invalidate opinions; I love a lot of modern metalcore AND a lot of excellent old school stuff, pretty much everything you do, probably. I don't see how liking metalcore necessitates poserdom. It's just typical "metalhead" rhetoric against a perceived enemy of "tr00ness", and it's depressing that people can't get past it.

Like most anti-trend responses, I think the hate for the most part is directed towards the fans rather than the music: a lot of them are juvenile, ignorant about metal in general and get blown away how AWESOME this music is. I don't want to hear how awesome Killswitch Engage from someone who's never heard The Red in the Sky is Ours. However, I think we have to try to restrain our natural impulse to smash posers because I imagine a lot of us had the same relationship to nu-metal that a lot of current teens have with metalcore.

Agreed to some extent. Though I don't listen to any deathcore or metalcore, I've realzied that when I go to a show and a deathcore band plays, the aspect I hate most is the fucking fans. The second thing I hate most is the "tough guy" and "start a fucking circle pit bros!" stuff. The third thing I hate the most is the use of gay breakdowns. I don't mind breakdowns (cool ones found in some death metal), but naturally, I don't like shitty breakdowns (the kind usually found in deathcore, and pretty much the only kidn detahcore groups play). Yes they can sound heavy and semi-cool for like one second, and then it's fucking boring and annoying. And the annoyance is increased 10 fold when faggot kids are a-bippin' and a-boppin' all around me. Call me crazy, but when I go to a show, I like to watch the band play, not punch the air or avoid children elbowing the air as hard as they can. Luckily, I have a much better live experience (even ignoring the actual music) with non-core music, which is good since it is the music I go to the show for and listen to anyway.
Like I said, I don't ever experience deathcore outside of live shows. With that said, I would probably enjoy deathcore more if it wasn't for the fans, though that doesn't mean I would like it or listen to it outside of shows.

I think a lot of people hate "core" music, just because that's what tr00 metalheads are supposed to do. There's some really gay shit out there, but there's a lot of really good bands that each of these genres have to offer.
For some reason every single time a topic like this comes up someone replys with this answer. How about people not liking it because they don't think it sounds good? This happens with every style of music, there are people not liking power metal or black metal etc. Just because metalcore happens to be popular and trendy doesn't change the reasons for not liking the genre.

For some reason every single time a topic like this comes up someone replys with this answer. How about people not liking it because they don't think it sounds good? This happens with every style of music, there are people not liking power metal or black metal etc. Just because metalcore happens to be popular and trendy doesn't change the reasons for not liking the genre.

I'm sure there are people who just don't like the sound, just like any other genre. However, these are the most hated genres on this forum, and I think that's partially due to the image portrayed by its fans, rather than the actual quality of the music.

Wu-Tang Clan > You
If you'd payed any attention to context you would have realized I wasn't referring to Wu-Tang Clan (because that would be a little random in a thread like this) and if you'd taken the trouble to figure out what I was referring to (which would be a little excessive, but w/e) you would have found As Blood Runs Black at the bottom of the first page.

I think this is a stupid and narrow-minded response, typical of a "tr00" metalhead, and it bothers me, to be honest....It's just typical "metalhead" rhetoric against a perceived enemy of "tr00ness", and it's depressing that people can't get past it.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the scene kids typing in all caps on youtube videos about how brutal stuff is, and appending everything with KEEP IT BRUUTAL!!. I really can't blame anyone for finding that incredibly annoying, and he's saying such irritation gets pinned on the scene that spawns such idiotic behavior. He's also saying we have to bite our tongues and hope they start listening to some better music, be it true metal or some good deathcore/metalcore.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the scene kids typing in all caps on youtube videos about how brutal stuff is, and appending everything with KEEP IT BRUUTAL!!. I really can't blame anyone for finding that incredibly annoying, and he's saying such irritation gets pinned on the scene that spawns such idiotic behavior. He's also saying we have to bite our tongues and hope they start listening to some better music, be it true metal or some good deathcore/metalcore.

I don't think this is what he's saying and I think that if you can glean this much from his post, you're incredibly good at figuring things out, which I doubt.

grindcore doesn't suck

yes it does.

To each his own.

I like Metalcore, but that doesn't stop me from listening to everything else, As far as I'm concerned, I'll listen to bands that I think sound good. So what if it sounds like other bands, I don't give a shit, if it's good I'll listen to it.

Like V5 said, all genres have there good bands and what not. We'll leave it at that.

Ouch.
Pretty sure I can back most of that up using his post, but I wasn't planning on doing a literary analysis of some fucking poorly written post on a forum.

Well first of all, I'd like to know where you got in his post, logically, that he was talking about people like on Youtube (who really are scum of the earth, tbh).

I meant he was referring to that sort of person. Not literally just the youtube kids (who are indeed the scum of the earth) but that whole really enthusiastic bunch who are convinced they listen to the most technical, brutal, and AWESOME music in the world because they don't really know about metal.

I guess those people are indeed shitty people who can fuck off and die, the way you phrased it indicated that you knew exactly what he was referring too, which seemed pretty unnecessary to extrapolate about because I found his post to be pretty readable and his point pretty comprehensible.

yes it does.
agreed, i think grindcore sucks as well but won't put anyone down for it or whatever.

and let me state that i don't completely dislike metalcore/deathcore, i like Unearth(metalcore) except for their new one which sucks but The Oncoming Storm is good.
And for Deathcore i like All Shall Perish, their new one is badass.