Deathcore and metalcore suck?

You can't JUST be complex and make music that brings into the playing field some kind of emotion or feeling that makes the stuff worth listening to, so no.

No shit, otherwise it'd just be sweeping over blastbeats, but the point of technical death metal is to be technical. I mean, there's the bands who don't set out to play tech death but wind up being technical enough to be lumped in, but then there's stuff like Braindrill, the Faceless, Necrophagist, etc, that clearly longs to be as tech as possible.

No shit, otherwise it'd just be sweeping over blastbeats, but the point of technical death metal is to be technical. I mean, there's the bands who don't set out to play tech death but wind up being technical enough to be lumped in, but then there's stuff like Braindrill, the Faceless, Necrophagist, etc, that clearly longs to be as tech as possible.

the faceless is boring, their songs arent so good.

necrophagist, BTM, nile etc all make very complex yet very emotional music.

Except Necrophagist and BtM are boring... I really dont see where this "emotion" comes from (Deicide's first full length showed a lot of emotion...)... and Nile is a completely different monster... they dont compare to most bands at all because they are doing something that no other death metal band really does unless it's imitating them...

Most tech death does seem lifeless imo, and when you find something that isnt... it can be good.. but it seems very rare.

Atheist has very technical and complex music, and is far from boring.

Except Necrophagist and BtM are boring... I really dont see where this "emotion" comes from (Deicide's first full length showed a lot of emotion...)... and Nile is a completely different monster... they dont compare to most bands at all because they are doing something that no other death metal band really does unless it's imitating them...

Most tech death does seem lifeless imo, and when you find something that isnt... it can be good.. but it seems very rare.

Well to me BTM and necrophagist arent boring and they are emotional and have great songwriting.

Atheist has very technical and complex music, and is far from boring.
Do you actually listen to more than 5 bands? Atheist honestly don't really qualify as tech death and aren't really relevant to this discussion.

the faceless is boring, their songs arent so good.
Didn't say they were; I offered them as an example of stuff that makes a conscious effort to be technical. Their first album is really wankey technical deathcore, their new one is what would happen if you slapped Decrepit Birth together with a bunch of other tech death bands and then removed the good parts, but at least the deathcore and the keyboards are gone. I think they're going to keep using vocorders till someone compares them to Cynic, though.

BTM.......always...BTM
only Beneath the Massacre my life in metallic form

Atheist were one of the first technical death metal bands not doing "brutal" stuff a-la NYDM, so...no WAIF, you're wrong.

I don't buy it. They were technical, yeah, and they were death metal, but I would label them progressive death metal tbh.