Deathcore and metalcore suck?

some good metalcore has positive lyrics, which are a nice break from all the death/gore/satan stuff.

Yes, it sucks. It's for kids and posers.
And come on! Don't try to believe a super true metal warrior saying that Pantera is new metal, because it's NOT. It has influenced a lot of nu "metal" bands, but thats another thing.

no man, you didn't understand. it's not a problem to me, it's a problem to most of the metalheads that just wanna look like more mature.

that same bullshit happens with Pantera. many idiots like to hate them cuz they (the idiots) believe Pantera was the creator of the new metal.

Oh, I thought that was your personal reasoning. Sorry. It is stupid that most people think this and judge Despised Icon, for instance, on their "two Fred Durst lookalike" vocalists or whatever when they haven't experienced DI kick their fucking ass live.

Definitely my favorite video ever, sort of like The Cave Dwellers is my favorite movie ever - so fucking terrible.

Pretty much demonstrates everything that can go wrong with deathcore.

no, This demonstrates everything that can go wrong with deathcore

Last edited by a moderator:
1.I can't tell one metalcore/deathcore band apart from another

2.Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine need to die right now

3.Breakdowns are obnoxious

4.Most of all...This. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8TJYl4uc3...1600-h/l_3d7a233bb2516f5616a2581e549c6b79.jpg

I'm not discrediting the entirety of both genres because that would be ignorant. But the bad bands in both genres radically outweigh the good.

Examples of good deathcore bands: The Red Chord, All Shall Perish, Suffokate, Born Of Osiris

Bad Deathcore: Impending Doom, Suicide Silence, Whitechapel

Good Metalcore: Coverge, Conducting From the Grave

Bad Metalcore: Everything else

By the way: I'm not an elitist

Atheist is really thrashy tbh. I don't think that Piece of Time is any more a tech-death album than, say, Swallowed in Black.