Did you know...

Did you know that in a research performed by the University of Indiana on 200 couples, six months after the birth of their first child all people, male and female, had a drop of at least 12 points in their IQ, while most of them had a drop of 20 points or more?

Did you know that anticoagulants have been used to control the populations of vampire bats?
The anticoagulants would either be injected in cattle (so the cattle wouldn't be harmed but the bats that would prey on it would), or smeared on bats, so when said bats would return "home", 30-60 of their fellas would die in the process of trying to clean it off.

Siren said:
Did you know that anticoagulants have been used to control the populations of vampire bats?
The anticoagulants would either be injected in cattle (so the cattle wouldn't be harmed but the bats that would prey on it would), or smeared on bats, so when said bats would return "home", 30-60 of their fellas would die in the process of trying to clean it off.
Are you sure it's anticoagulants? or that that's all there's to it?
If that were injected into cattle (or anything) it would be very bad for them ..if they were to get even the slightest cut or wound. And how exactly would it kill vampire bats exclusively?

@Mags: Yes, i'm sure it's anticoagulants, warfarin and diphenadione have been used.
Apparently the dose is small enough to not harm the cattle, but big enough to harm the vampires. From what i read it causes internal bleeding to the bats.
Here's some links: http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-bib_query?1972Sci...177..806T

diphenadione (di·phen·a·di·one) (di-fen²[schwa]-di¢[omacr]n) an indanedione anticoagulant administered orally; it is also used as a rodenticide, causing fatal hemorrhaging in many mammals consuming sufficient doses. Called also diphacenone.

warfarin (war·fa·rin) (wor¢f[schwa]r-in) [named for Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation] a synthetic coumarin anticoagulant; it is also used as a rodenticide, causing fatal hemorrhaging in any mammal that consumes a sufficient dose.
(^taken from Dorland's Medical Dictionary http://www.mercksource.com/pp/us/cn...ommonzSzdorlandszSzdorlandzSzdmd_a-b_00zPzhtm)

Did you know that DT's management can only be contacted through regular mail or fax? :Smug:

Child of Time said:
And did you know that in the 1950's, Sweden (of all countries...) had the world's fourth biggest military airforce. :guh:
But I bet you didn't know that Colombia had the first commercial airline in the Americas (2nd in the world): Avianca Established in 1919.
wink.gif

DYK... that I need your help on something? :p

Im trying to figure out the best way to decorate my room.
This is its current state: www.konnor.tjwuppert.net/mowle/room1.jpg (One pixel being one centimeter)

This is what I thought was the most intelligent solution: www.konnor.tjwuppert.net/mowle/room2.jpg
The idea I had was to seperate my workplace from the computer, because in my old room I had both on the same desk, which was disatrous. Also, that way I can make use of the light of the windows. I'll use the cupboard from both sides to put CD's, books and whatnot in it.. that way it also gets to seperate the room.

What do you think?

Jack Johnson: I think you'll appreciate I put my own expertise on your dilemma and came up with a 3rd suggestion for you..
Mine is, of course, based on efficiency; and I gave you the most possible ample space for you to jump around and headbang all you want ..no need to thank me.

Oh, I also took the liberty of relocating your balcony to an area where it's a bit less in the way.