Did you know...

I started to laugh a bit but then realized I was one of those boys who stuck his little fingers in electrical outlets.. and all other sorts of things just to see what'd happen :q

Siren said:
Did you know that, although no official figures have been released by the Soviet or Russian governments, most estimates put the figure of Stalin's death toll at between eight and twenty million? And that most of them were in fact his people*?
That's terrible.. I had known he was at the top of the murdering pyramid, with 8 - 10 million. But 20 million is just unbelievably terrible...

..I say blame the Greeks for bringing them the characters in the first place :p

MagSec4 said:
..I say blame the Greeks for bringing them the characters in the first place :p
We just brought them the alphabet. When we saw what they're like, we left them on their own. At least we tried.. :p

Did you know that the Rion-Antirion Bridge in Greece is the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, with a suspended deck of 2,252m?

Did you know that they just said on the local news, that you're not allowed to go to an olympic stadium to watch the games if you're wearing clothes that sport a brand rival to the official sponsors, even though you've paid for your fucking ticket?
Did you know i'm now tempted to go with such clothes just to call them fascistonazoids? :mad: :mad: :mad:

i just hope it's journalists' bullshit. i might try it out though and tell you the results. in the worst case they'll make me take off my blouse, in which case you might want to tune in your tv set. :p

edit: it's true after all. in the restricted items list, there's "Flag poles, logos, open umbrellas in seating areas, items (T-shirts, hats, bags, etc.) with distinctive trademarks of companies that are competitive to those of the sponsors"

http://www.athens2004.com/en/specAdviceRestricted

Did you know that killerwhales teach their young the art of hunting by beaching themselves, catching a careless sea lion and then using the waves to get back out to sea again? This isn't a natural instinct, it's a skill that is passed on from generation to generation and perfected over the years.
This fact would be more interesting had you actually been able to see the video footage showing a mother killer whale teaching her offspring first the art of beaching, and then catching its prey. Fascinating :)

MagSec4 said:
Useless Random Epiphany: Spanish does not have a word for 'tonight' while English does, but English does not have a word for 'yesterday night' while Spanish does..
what about yesternight?
it might be ancient or something, but at least it´s in my dictionary...