Did you know...

Seraphim Belial said:
*According to a study by the Economic Research Service, 27% of all food production in Western nations ends up in garbage cans. Yet, 1,2 billion people are underfed - the same number of people who are overweight.
And it is a lot higher than 27% here in and around NY :bah:.. It pisses me off.

*If you put a drop of liquor on a scorpians head, it will go insane and sting itself to death (from what ive heard)
I do believe you're right. Also, scorpions
glow very nicely when surrounded by ultraviolet light (invisible to us)

*When visiting Finland, Santa leaves his sleigh behind and rides on a goat named Ukko. Finnish folklore has it that Ukko is made of straw, but is strong enough to carry Santa Claus anyway.
*In the 1700's you could purchase insurance against going to hell, in London England
:lol:

Bienvenido

Did you know an octopus' first meal as a newborn is its own mother :ill:

It's not too many Seraphim Belial. but you really gotta learn to pace youself! :eek: I mean, we don't want you exhausting all your 'useless' facts this early in teh piece now do we? Try for one fact per post and make more posts in future eh? ;) Welcome to the boards. :wave:

Did you know that Pie equals a deliscious and tasty treat any time of the day? ^_^

Of course!

Did you know that the pictures Spike's sig is hyponotic?

Spike said:
You mean one atom-lengths shorter right? With the force of (I'm guessing wind resistance) at that speed overcoming hte forces dictating the distance between atoms, and thus shortening the length?

Surely and atom does not simply dissapear.
Well it appears shorter, it has to do with special relativity. It basically comes out of the fact that, altough motion is relative for all obejcts moving slower than c, (relative in the Gallilean sense), any object that moves at c (e. g. light) moves at c in ANY reference frame.

Nick

Did you know that Eleanor Roosevelt, FDR's wife, became saddened that her husband cheated on her that she turned her saddness and frustration into something positive. She put her effort into helping underpriviledge people.

Arch said:
Did you know that Eleanor Roosevelt, FDR's wife, became saddened that her husband cheated on her that she turned her saddness and frustration into something positive. She put her effort into helping underpriviledge people.
sources fail to report whether the girl(s) franklin had cheated on her with would subsequently qualify as "underprivileged people".

In New York, there is one rat for approximately every 36 people, bringing the total to 250, 000 rats.
The average rat is around the size of a grown man's foot, but some can grow to over 12 inches long.

Did you know a lawyer defending a man accused of burglary tried this creative defense: "My client merely inserted his arm into the window and removed a few trifling articles. His arm is not himself, and I fail to see how you can punish the whole individual for an offense committed by his limb." "Well put," the judge replied. "Using your logic, I sentence the defendant's arm to one year's imprisonment. He can accompany it or not, as he chooses." The defendant smiled. With his lawyer's assistance he detached his artificial limb, laid it on the bench, and walked out.

Nick

mousewings said:
In New York, there is one rat for approximately every 36 people, bringing the total to 250, 000 rats.
The average rat is around the size of a grown man's foot, but some can grow to over 12 inches long.

There's more rats than humans in New York, or so I've read somewhere.

I'd love to see the look on that judge's face.

mousewings said:
Is that right?
The only rats I've seen for a very long time have been in zoos
...but then again, I live outside the city and I don't spend much time in Brooklyn or upper Manhattan (for my own sake :p)

DE said:
There's more rats than humans in New York, or so I've read somewhere.
Nope. There's a lot less rats than us two legged animals, but they (the rats) cause a commotion so it seems there's more.

From what I've learned, rats are everywhere in North America. Odds are there's at least two rats nearby anywhere you are.

Some of them live in underground tunnels and have never seen daylight before. Only the weaker rats get pushed to the surface and have to look for food among us miserable humans.

Get Robert Sullivan's Rats from your local library and you'll learn more. :D

Did you know because he insists on performing his own movie stunts, martial artist/actor Jackie Chan has broken his nose three times, most of the fingers in his hand, both cheekbones, his ankle and his skull?

Did you know that half of the population of Uganda is under 15?
Also
Did you know that Sri Lanka has lowest divorce rate in the world - and the highest rate of female suicide?