Did you know...

Did you know that green stuff popeye eats to get strong doesnt actually make you strong... when the viatmins and protiens were being collected like 80 years ago the person carrying out this task put the decimal place one step further back and no one thought to check it to see if it was incorrect (until recently) what was a summed to be something like 36.784 is actually 3.2784... everyone just assumed it was totally healthy when in fact spin(cant spell the rest so ill just put)itch is tasteless shite.

rahvin said:
@del: we always listen to the same music. where do you get yours?
well, yes, I fell quite immediatly for synth/goth/related stuff :)
it depends on what you mean by "get", though. since I´m new (well...) to aforementioned music my cd collection has a critical lack of it, so it´s mostly only mp3s --> dc, mainly the hub electronoir. of the albums I actually have I´ve found some here, some there...

however, I´ll send my first order to www.pafrecords.com when dod´s "giftraum" is released (august 30, but I have a feeling you already knew that ;)) and if they don´t turn out to be unreliable or so I should be able to keep myself busy there for some time (nice selection, decent prices).

as for the similarities; in the beginning I d/l:ed (and I still do, to some extent) pretty much at random by browsing through peoples´ dc file lists (never underestimate the power of "oh, cool band/album name" :p), and your np thread posts probably was one of the places from which I recognized band names... oh, and in some cases - icon of coil, seabound, dismantled, de/vision and a23 among others - I simply decided to check them out.

@del: cool story indeed, i'm glad to know you're falling for all these awesome bands! i even have a hint for you: [the aforementioned hint was just edited out because lawsuits are not amongst the many kinds of self-inflicted unnecessary pain rahvin enjoys] i already got the new a23, dod - the singles, i mean - and plenty of other interesting stuff, and i've got back online from home no more than 36hrs ago.

note: the above post will be edited to omit potentially dangerous details as soon as i've got confirmation from delirious that he's read it, be it here or via pm.

rahvin said:
note: the above post will be edited to omit potentially dangerous details as soon as i've got confirmation from delirious that he's read it, be it here or via pm.
he has.

I don´t have that much good from really fast d/l speeds since my own connection is quite crappy, but I´ll take some day and see if I can get irc going nevertheless.

did you know that the british band snuff recorded a promo called disposable income in 2002? i found out yesterday. it's enjoyable.

Did you know that ENIAC, the world first's electronic computer (according to most people) uses the decimal system instead of binary to count?

Wolfman Von Jones said:
Did you know when a jet plane reaches the speed of 1,000 km (620mi) per hour, the length of the plane becomes one atom shorter than its original length?

Nick
You mean one atom-lengths shorter right? With the force of (I'm guessing wind resistance) at that speed overcoming hte forces dictating the distance between atoms, and thus shortening the length?

Surely and atom does not simply dissapear.

Did you know shaving doesn't make your hair grow thicker and stronger? It's myth. The way the hair (beard) is shaved, it's at an angle, which appears to be thicker.

di you know Pi =3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209 74944 59230 78164 06286 20899 86280 34825 34211 70679 82148 08651 32823 ...?

WARNING - I'm new to the DT thread and extremely bored!
did you know:
*Mexico has the most Jehovah's Witnesses per capita in the OECD.
*In 1932, when a shortage of cash occurred in Tenino, Washington, USA, notes were made out of wood for a brief period.
*According to a study by the Economic Research Service, 27% of all food production in Western nations ends up in garbage cans. Yet, 1,2 billion people are underfed - the same number of people who are overweight.
*If you put a drop of liquor on a scorpians head, it will go insane and sting itself to death (from what ive heard), when my friend did it - he poured a spoonful and it drowned
*moths are not really attracted to light - moths fly towards the blackest point which is behind the light
*A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second
*In the Durango desert, in Mexico, there's a creepy spot called the "Zone of Silence." You can't pick up clear TV or radio signals. And locals say fireballs sometimes appear in the sky.
*Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell.
*Every year about 98% of atoms in your body are replaced.
*A dog was killed by a meteor at Nakhla, Egypt, in 1911
*A full moon always rises at sunset.
*When visiting Finland, Santa leaves his sleigh behind and rides on a goat named Ukko. Finnish folklore has it that Ukko is made of straw, but is strong enough to carry Santa Claus anyway.
*In the 1700's you could purchase insurance against going to hell, in London England
*Human birth control pills work on gorillas
*Humans have three color receptors in their eyes, while goldfish have four, and mantis shrimp have ten.
*It is against the law to whale hunt in Oklahoma
*The squirting cucumber (Ecballium elaterium), when brushed by a passerby, ejects its seeds and a stream of poisonous juice that stings the skin
*In parts of Alaska, it's illegal to feed alcohol to a moose

that may be too many, but im bored. :Spin: