Dimmu Borgir

Originally posted by Aglarion
Re-releases are OK if the album is hard to find, for instance it would be a good idea to re-release the Misantrophy releases(Ved Buens Ende, Fleurety, ...). EDT isn't rare at all & the 'bonus track' is nothing but a bad joke.

I don't mind a re-release of an album if the original is hard to get, but then without a bonus track...

I'm particularly annoyed at Music for Nations and their re-release of Opeth's 'Blackwater Park' with two bonus tracks. It's been out for about a year or something, in massive circulation, and they re-realise it!!

It's like a slap in the face to the fans who have already bought it.

But actually I don't really give a shit if Dimmu aren't black or what.. I really like PEM..If they aren't black with PEM, I don't really care...I think the music is good.. It's diffrent from their other, and I like change..I think that Dimmu's PEM is a lot better than SPD, but not as good as EDT..so all in all.... Dimmu are still good in my book... fuck genres anyway..

fuck genres, does it really matter? it all comes to down to metal. isn't that what metal's about? it's a lifestyle (thank you metal mayhem) and what you like, you like, or what you play, is what you want to play...who gives a shit what others views are?

i'm personally sick of people arguing over categorization, trueness and the likes...if it's good metal to yourself, listen to it, if it's not, then don't, it's your choice

You know, some people like to talk about stuff they're passionate over. Personally, I'm sick and tired of people listening to crappy metal and ignoring the metal with actual substance, but you see that changing? Fuck no.

A friend of mine, who's into shit like Rammstein and Metallica, listened through Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, and yelled "My God, this shit really is HARD and EVIL!! My fave track is PURITANIA!" I wanted to hit him in the head with something. I didn't though. PEM isn't evil. It's very polished, and I would not call this album black metal. At all. Cause it isn't.

I consider (early) Mayhem, Taake, Gorgoroth and Darkthrone as 100% black metal. Then there are bands that combine black metal with other things, like Emperor. I think black metal is about creating an "evil" atmosphere - which Dimmu succeeded in with their first couple of recordings. Nowadays, Dimmu is highly polished music, and the atmosphere and images the music creates are neither evil nor "black".

Still, I think that PEM is kind of good. Vortex' vocalparts are amazing, especially in songs like Sympozium and Kings of the Carnival Creation. The record is NOT black metal though. And I hate when people go: "Maaan, I'm a true black metaller, I dig Covenant, Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir. These bands are totally satanic, dude, and evil.."