• i liked the lord of the rings

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Austin7

Third Eye Guy
Jan 13, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
I've noticed that the vast majority of prog. metal fans do. I love fantasy. Right now I'm on book 8 of The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

I've read Tolkien's The Lord Of The Rings / The Silmarillion / Unfinished Tales / The Hobbit... a lot of times

I bought The Mists Of Avalon.. I'll start to read them one day..
And I would like to read Robert Jordan's Wheel Of Time .. hope one day I'll do this...

I think fantasy is a waste of time. No offense to anyone.

I've been reading the Wheel of Time books. I got about halfway through the 5th one when I realized "Wow. I dont give a shit what happens."

I mean, what the fuck? The guy has a TWELVE BOOK DEAL. He expects you to read TWELVE thousand plus page books. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. The story has been dragged out to the end of eternity in the name of selling a shit load of books (now that the franchise has proved successful). That series would have kicked ass as a 3 or 4 book series, but everytime something eventfull is about to happen, SOMETHING comes along to drag it out as much as possible.

And theres my rant.

I love fantasy books..good stuff! Some of my favorite authors (and some of their well known books) are Michael Moorcock (Elric, Dorian Hawkmoon, & Corum series), Roger Zelazny (Amber series), Raymond Feist (Riftwar series), Fred Saberhagen (Books of Swords), Anne McCaffery (Dragonriders of Pern and Crystal Singer series)..if my books weren't all in boxes right now I could come up with more names, but those will have to do for now.

Broooooooox..try some different (shorter) fantasy series..some of them are VERY good! You can find a list of the most popular fantasy authors at The Recommended Fantasy Author List, check the "Total Votes Per Author" link if you want to see who most people voted for.

Fantasy books rock! Especially all of Tolkien and another favorite of mine is 'The Riftwar Saga' by Raymond E Fiest! :headbang:

I love them too...

My all time favorite serie is Anotherland of Tad Williams...
Weis & Hickman are a great writers duo with very good series, especially the gate of death. I am now busy with the dragonlance serie and Cryptomonicon of Neal Stephenson (not fantasy).
And offcourse, I have read The Lord of the Rings. All-time classic so you must have read it.

Yo Aaron wasabii!!! Yep I read alot of Fantasy. Most Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance,just about the whole series, need to catch up on a couple. My favorite Dragonlance trilogy was The Kinslayer Wars (I think thats the name,its been awhile).

My favortie author all around is R.A. Salvatore,his series with Drizzt is the best. Also Margeret Weiss and Tracy Hickman are great as well. I have been trying to find some other authors that grab me like these guys,any suggestions???

Bear