Do you speak with an accent?

Its spelled lose. And the most annoying accents are Boston, Minnesota, and that general area.

There is no one Northeastern US accent. The typical New England accent is the non-rhotic "pahk the cah" accent. The New York accent is quite a bit different, and supposedly the New Jersey accent is yet different from that, from what I heard, not to mention the PA accent. Of all the Northeast US accents, I find the Boston/New England accent the most annoying. But really, the only way it's any different from the regular US accent is its non-rhoticity and the broad "a."

I took a Japanese class and the e is pronounced as "ay". I'm am pretty sure there are no exceptions. I used to watch anime in Japanese (with subtitles, I'm not that much of a loser) and I never ever heard "eh" on a word with an e in it.

If you listen closely you can hear it. I don't really trust your Japanese class knowledge because I've addressed you a few times in Japanese and you never responded! あなたは日本語は分からないと思う。

edit: Actually it might have been Ml that I spoke Japanese to. I don't remember. Whatever. Anyhow it's supposed to be pronounced as eh but ay is more the americanized version. I have spoken to several Japanese about it.

I can't read Japanese, but I know some words. But there's no way I could carry a conversation in Japanese.

Throw another fried mars barn on the barbie?

:lol: The scottish one does pwn the aussie one.
I thought I liked Irish accents till I heard this blokes missus on Gordon Ramseys F Word and she annoyed the fuck outta me with her voice.

It bloody should pwn the Aussie one!! Scottish and Proud :cool:

Back off.

Aww Zeph, my hero! ;)

The correct Japanese pronunciation would be Seh-guh, not Say-guh.

Yes, this is true, i pronounce in this way too. Actually, there is only one type of pronunciation and it is Seh-guh, the others are not wrong, but not correct.

I took it for a few months. I suck at it, we didn't learn much, but it is certainly a hell of a lot easier than Chinese. Although speaking it is hard for me because the words are so long and spoken faster.

I took it for a few months. I suck at it, we didn't learn much, but it is certainly a hell of a lot easier than Chinese. Although speaking it is hard for me because the words are so long and spoken faster.

Apparently ryuuguunootohimenomotoyuinokirihazushi (りゅうぐうのうとひめのもとゆいのきりはずし) is the longest native word in Japanese. It means something like eelgrass.

Wow.