doom metal!!!!

so i've been hanging out at doom-metal.com a lot lately... reading reviews... listening to the doom metal radio... and i gotta say that i'm hearing a lot of good stuff... i think i will compile a list of bands that i will continuously update, see if you guys have heard any of them (my guess is that some of you will)...

THE LIST OF BANDS THAT SOUND LIKE THEY'RE WORTH CHECKING OUT (to be updated):
Visceral Evisceration
Insanity Reigns Supreme
Pantheist
Mar De Grises
Ras Delgethi
Haggard
Count Raven
Yearning (wow! this is GOOD!)
Eria d'Or

oooh, they're playing one of my favorite Solitude Aeturnus songs...

check out the site if you're into doom... even if you aren't (like i wasn't) you may discover some stuff (rephrase: you WILL discover some good stuff!)

have a good night (or day, if you are on the other side of the pond!) ;)

Haven't heard any of those, but check into these:

Slow Horse
This band is fucking great. Only two albums released. Very slow doom metal. Not too heavy, but very moving.

Arcane Sun
Just get this. Now.

Cephalic Carnage
Their latest release is a 19-minute doom song, called Halls of Amenti. It is fucking fantastic.

Mindrot
Very emotional crust/doom. Suicidal stuff. Fuck Sentenced.

Morgion
Solinari is looked upon as a doom masterpiece.

Mourning Beloveth
Kinda in the same realm as Morgion. Excellent irish doom

Orphaned Land
Middle Eastern tinged doom metal.

Skepticism
Get Stormcrowfleet now. Erik recommended this band to me, and he was on the money. Funeral doom at its best.

Void of Silence
Fucked up doom metal. With members of Aborym.

d89711j890k.jpg

This album owns, spectacular doom metal.

I would consider Cathredral doom I suppose, either way they're good too.

Doom metal is one of my favourite genres, but I do not own as many albums as I would like to yet... Unholy, Evoken, Thergothon and Skepticism should be heard by all... Older Anathema is excellent to say the least... My Dying Bride is good as well, Shape of Despair is pretty OK...

I figured you were joking, but anyone that wants doom needs some Candlemass so I want to burn the image into the brains. :)

Messiah rocks, I love that picture of him wearing a shirt that says MESSIAH IS THE HOMO.

NAD said:
Messiah rocks, I love that picture of him wearing a shirt that says MESSIAH IS THE HOMO.
Haha, I was quoting Life of Brian. Totally forgot about afro-Messiah. What's that shirt he's wearing in the "Nightfall" CD insert - doesn't it say something like "Joey Tempest is gay"? :lol:

:lol: Missed that Python reference, didn't make the connection with your Biggus Dickus remark even.

I thought it said Messiah was... I'll check it out tonight. Fuck that guy has an afro. My hair is frickin' curly but not like his. Him and Buzz Osbourne of the Melvins could probably conquer the world with their hair alone.