Doom Metal

One for you S<issors

InSomnius Dei http://www.myspace.com/insomniusdei - Great Progressive Doom/Death band from Mark Kelson (Cryptal Darkness, The Eternal, Rainshadow)

I recommend this to you scissors because it can be best described as Pink Floyd laced with Death/Doom, its beautiful and ambient but it can be really intense, the two vocalists make good use of a mix of styles, its brilliant.

I don't know what you call modern but all these bands has released stuff fairly recently atleast:

Reverend Bizarre
Isole
Forsaken
Minotauri
Thunderstorm
Orodruin
Warning
Mirror of Deception
Fall of the Idols

Well, read the thread? ;)

I've read it multiple times mainly mining for recommendations.

My main thing I want is Warning, but I have no idea where to find it other than the label's website.

I would also be interested in really depressing doom metal, so any recs of that are appreciated. Specific albums are even better

Hmm, stoner metal/stoner rock, whatever, it all sounds...Sabbathy?
Doom and that is what I really like out of all genres of music, something that is heavy, depressing, has some element of 'groove' to it and still fucking rocks. Can anyone give me more bands, like say, Dozer or Kyuss?

Doom metal is one of my favourite genres.

Among many others, these are the doom bands I mostly listen to :

Doom :

Black fucking Sabbath
Candlemass
Solitude Aeternus
Heaven & Hell
Reverend Bizarre
Paradise Lost
Cirith Ungol

Doom / Death :

Estatic Fear
My Dying Bride
Swallow the Sun
Mar De Grises
Officum Triste
Poema Arcanum
Katatonia (Dance of December Souls)
Mourning Beloveth
October Tide
November's Doom

Doom / black metal :

Gris

Funeral Doom :

Ahab
The Mournful Congregation
Skepticism
Abysmal Sorrow

Acoustic /Folk/ Doom :

Empyrium
Uaral
October Falls

Bands that have nothing to do with Doom Metal that I will include on this list for no particular reason :

Sopor Aeternus and the Ensemble of Shadows (A darkwave / neomedieval / dark folk project ... just listen to and see how Sopor conveys the feelings of sadness, despair, and impending doom better that most so-called doom metal bands).

Last edited by a moderator: