Doom Metal

Indeed you are right with the drone bands(Earth,Sunn 0.) Many people overlook it has mindless trash.

I feel ya. people do the same thing to grindcore. I love both drone and grind and we need more people like you. people with open minds.

I have their demo and their EP, and I can safely say that The Lamp of Thoth rules! Their EP is being reissued with 2 more songs on CD sometime soon.

I feel ya. people do the same thing to grindcore. I love both drone and grind and we need more people like you. people with open minds.
I just love people who can't get over the fact that everyone doesn't like the same thing and if you don't you are closeminded.

Indeed. There are multiple ways of finding joy in music. Of course you wont find catchy drone music or pretty grindcore but it all has its own place.

00 Void is brilliant.

Indeed. Blackone is ages ahead though.

Also anything that Boris did in drone is amazing...

Agreed. All of their albums (that I've heard) are enjoyable, but Black One just seems a considerably large step above the rest.

Sunn still is not bad.

Since Jesu is often added to the drone tag, I would like to add that Justin on his blog has said that Jesu will have one FINAL studio album in 2008. The end of Jesu so fast?