Doom Metal

Jesu sucks, the only decent stuff is Heart Ache. It's sad when Godflesh was such an amazing band.

Sunn is bad because they are boring. There aren't any remarkable riffs and they doesn't create an interesting atmosphere. Just boring empty drones imo.

I'm with VVVVVV. I simply don't find Black One interesting anymore, and they were only really good in the earlier stages. They're now a pretense for Stephen O'Malley to act like a spoiled child and throw a PA at whoever says their set was "OK."

It sucks that they're awesome live, because I want to hate them a lot more...

Have you heard their new cd, Dooom? I love it.

I will check it out. been hearing great things about it

I just love people who can't get over the fact that everyone doesn't like the same thing and if you don't you are closeminded.

I realize this but drone and grind both happen to be very inaccesable genres and its a joy finding likeminded people.

My favorite drone band is probably Fall of the Grey-Winged One which is because it is very ambient sounding and creates an interesting atmosphere compared to Sunn or Boris or Teeth of Lions etc. Not that FotGWO is that good but atleast half interesting. :) (see I didn't diss drone totally!)

I always considered Fall Of The Grey Winged One to be funeral doom, but eh, whatever floats yer boat.

Yeah do it. The second album is the only one that I really like, but it has some keyboards added to the drones too, so it feels more ambient. If you want purly guitar try the first.

ok, cool.

I need a recommendation, death/doom in the same league as the Big three. you know their names!

If you listened only to Black One, then you might get bored...00 Void is the best pure electric guitar/doom-influenced drone (k Nec?) album ever.

For death/doom, how about Morgion?

If you listened only to Black One, then you might get bored...00 Void is the best pure electric guitar/doom-influenced drone (k Nec?) album ever.

All of their material is good. Drone Doom is not something aimed at achieving an exited emotion in the listener.