Doom Metal

And what category does Cathedral fall under?

Witch hunting technical stoner death doom groove metal.

Oh, and am I the only one who finds Reverend Bizarre completely boring? I can listen to Electric Wizard, My Dying Bride...Sun O)))), but Reverend Bizarre just go on and on and on and on and on and on without anything to interest me.

I dunno, maybe it was just their last album, but I was like 'Shit yeah, this is good' then 5 minutes later 'Shit yeah...there's not much happening.'

I'll go lie down in a hole now.

I haven't really dug all that deep into the genre but what I've heard is great stuff. Didn't like the stuff at first. Thought it was WAY too slow. That was in the days when all I listened to was black metal, though. Some time later, I gave it another shot and still didn't think that much of it but decided to give it some time. Well, it payed off.

Anyways, some of my favorites:
Cathedral
Sunn O))) (yeah so they're drone-doom, whatever)
Electric Wizard
Weedeater
Asbestosdeath
Saint Vitus
Disembowlement
Esoteric
Goatsnake

listen to some death/doom and funeral doom and you'll be set. you already got sludge and trad doom down.

What's everyone's opinion on Worship - Dooom? I got it after hearing it was the best funeral doom in years but can't get into it at all. I find it tedious and plodding.

Yeah, it can be awesome when it's the same lick and mid-paced driving drum beat playing for like 10 minutes straight with slight variation. It just makes it that much cooler when it ends. Makes you just go "...wow" because then you hear it in your head for a while too.

Some EW isn't too repetitive, but a lot of black metal is also built on repetition of common chords/riffs within songs or even themes between songs.