Dream theater dates set!!!

28th is the Australia Day holiday seeing as the 26th is on a Saturday, and being the good Aussies that we are, we can't possibly have a public holiday on a weekend!!

haha too true, Gona be a big wkend! One of my mates is doing perth, Adelaide and melbourne, wish i had the cash to join him

What a memorable day!

Clinic - Fucking awesome. John didnt have backing tracks made up so who should come along and play them live? Jordan Rudess of course! Was great to see John and Jordan jamming together over some progressions.

Concert - Truly Amazing, got a spot on the rail in front of myung and rudess, myung is a fucking freak! :kickass:

Setlist was as follows:

Fan made Hitler parody video!
----------------------------
Constant motion
Panic attack
endless sacrifice
The dark eternal night (awesome animation thingy on the big screen for this one, kinda like the octavarium one)
Keyboard solo
Lines in the sand
Forsaken
I walk beside you
Take the time
-------------------------
Overture 1928
Strange Deja Vu
Through my words
Fatal tragedy
Erotomania
Voices

It was during voices that the unthinkable happened. All the inear monitors fucked up (lost power to them or something) and the band went of stage... half an hour later they came back on an bowed, apologies for the shortened set and that was that. The shortened second set was seriously the most enjoyable concert experience iu have ever been apart of.... amazing!

Unfortunately i got Myungs setlist from a roadie and got to see what we missed out on :(

The spirit carries on
In the presence of enemies (cant fucking believe we missed it, john and Jordan played the lyrical intro bit at the clinic and i creamed myself. Cant imagine seeing the whole thing!)
---------------------------------
As I am
Pull me under/Metropolis

All in all a great show, just glad I got to see the guys live, if not for a shortened set length. We were trying to make analogies for how we felt after the show and the closest we could get was: "Its like giving birth to a child and just when you are really overwhelmed with happiness etc. the nurse accidentally drops it on its head"

YEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!11111!!!!

Just got back from the concert, best concert ever!!1!1 Got to meet the band etc. leaned on the railing at the front the whole time, it was sick!!! :D

Anyway, review and setlist coming soon, once I've settled down and written them out... :lol:

That Silver ticket crap was... crap! Would have been nice to know that buying a Silver ticket meant you got stuck in a tiny, empty section at the back, away from the main crowd and any energy.

Was good otherwise.

Nah there was a 5+ metre gap from the Gold crowd to the lowly Silvers. And a lot more could have fit in the Gold section too. The main Gold crowd was good, definitely into it - pretty much everyone fisted, clapped, etc at the appropriate times.

Pretty sure we got the same setlist as Perth. I was a bit bored at the end of I Walk Beside You but that just make Take The Time oh so much better :D Loved it.

yeah, I was singing, raising fist, being metal along with the best of them... :lol:

Ok, setlist:

‘An Evening With Dream Theater’
Live at Wayville Pavilion, Adelaide, South Australia- Monday 28th January, 2008

Constant Motion
Panic Attack
Endless Sacrifice
Dark Eternal Night
Forsaken
I Walk Beside You
Take The Time
------------------------------
Overture 1928
Strange Deja Vu
Through My Words
Fatal Tragedy
Erotomania
Voices
The Spirit Carries On
In The Presence Of Enemies (Pts 1 & 2)
------------------------------
Pull Me Under / Metropolis Pt 1

Ok, and a hastily prepared review:

Dream Theater Review:

‘An Evening With Dream Theater’
Live at Wayville Pavilion, Adelaide, South Australia- Monday 28th January, 2008

What a day! Started off with a guitar clinic with John Petrucci, which was awesome, such an amazing player, and a really relaxed, genuine guy… Was able to meet him afterwards which was great, and I got his solo album signed.

I then more or less went straight to the Showgrounds, as I had a ‘Platinum- Meet & Greet’ ticket for that evening. We were able to go in and each get a photo with the band, before getting some things signed. It was an awesome time, and thanks to the guys for taking the time out of their hectic schedule to meet with us! They were really friendly, and it was great to just chat with them and shake their hand etc.

I managed to position myself right at the front, leaning against the guard rail on the right side facing the stage, which is John Petrucci’s side, so I was very happy to be that close, with an amazing view of him as well as the rest of the band.

They opened with ‘Constant Motion’ from their latest album ‘Systematic Chaos’, and then powered through some of their heavier tunes off the last three albums, including ‘Panic Attack’, ‘The Dark Eternal Night’ and brilliant epic ‘Endless Sacrifice’. A couple of lighter songs in ‘Forsaken’ and ‘I Walk Beside You’, before they finished the first set with one of my favourite songs ‘Take The Time’ from ‘Images & Words’.

A fifteen minute interval, and they were back, opening the second set with an epic suite from ‘Scenes From A Memory’ which was made up of ‘Overture 1928’, ‘Strange Déjà vu’, ‘Through My Words’ and ‘Fatal Tragedy’. They then played the first two parts of the ‘A Mind Beside Itself’ trilogy, ‘Erotomania’ and ‘Voices’. Beautiful ‘The Spirit Carries On’ with an amazing solo by John Petrucci, and then they finished the main set with the massive epic ‘In The Presence Of Enemies (Pts 1 & 2)’ from their latest album.

For the encore they played a medley of probably their biggest hits, ‘Pull Me Under’ which they connected with ‘Metropolis Pt 1’ both from the ‘Images & Words’ album.

All in all, it was an amazing show, the band was as tight as ever, and played with a high level of energy the entire night. James LaBrie’s voice seems in the best shape its been in years, and he played the role of frontman really well. Mike Portnoy’s kit is bigger than ever, and he definitely utilized every nook and cranny of it. Jordan Rudess brought out a ‘Keytar’ to trade solos out the front of the stage with Petrucci quite frequently which was really cool. John Myung was silent as always, yet held down the bass frequencies perfectly, and he seemed to be enjoying himself. Unfortunately I didn’t take a camera, but a couple of friends will be sending me photos that they took, and in a few weeks, the official ‘Meet & Greet’ photos will be send out, so I’ll be sure to share that one with you all…

Dan

Nice, so it was the perth setlist (or what it should have been) but without lines in the sand and as i am? And what did John do for backing tracks? No Joran at the clinic?