Dream Theater - Train of Thought

I'm very much looking forward to TOT as DT are my fave band but judging by there only being 7 songs, it seems we're in for really long songs again which disappoints me. I loved their earlier albums where they displayed their talents but the songs were a lot more focused and melodic. I don't dislike any DT album but I like to hear a good hook and they didn't do that with 6DOIT.

Hey its my first time in this forum and of course I stumble upon this thread filled with people knocking my favorite band. Welcome to the Symphony X forum... no wait... welcome to every internet message board!

Hey its my first time in this forum and of course I stumble upon this thread filled with people knocking my favorite band. Welcome to the Symphony X forum... no wait... welcome to every internet message board!
im sorrey we didnt think of you when we started to state our opinions...we are sorry that we didnt think that there might be some new people around here that like DT so we better make them happy by not saying what we think...:Smug:

Thanks Mr. Shred-ididle, that makes me feel better.

Opinions don't bother me, just the fact that there's more negative than positive so much of the time on message boards. Also posts that come across as closed minded don't sink in well with me, sorry (I'm not saying yours was but there may have been a couple that were).

dont worrey bro, sorrey i was too harsh. and welcome to this forum, it is great and i dont want to make you go away

I find it amusing that some people are bitching about Dream Theater's lyrics. I thought prog fans were supposed to care about the music, not the lyrics.

I, as a devout SX follower, hate to admit that writing lyrics isn´t what they´re best at. They have had their fair share of cool lyrics (especially in the past, kudos to Thomas Miller, I think) and still have ("V" is quite the masterpiece lyric-wise), but some of their newer lyrics are a little stereotypical.