Dream Theater

Dream Theater for the most part aren't very good at all. No emotion in their playing, wanky shit in general mostly but if you must listen to them then try these:-

In the name of god
Dance of Eternity
learning to live
Glass prision
Home

Benighted1 said:
Dream Theater for the most part aren't very good at all. No emotion in their playing, wanky shit in general mostly but if you must listen to them then try these:-

In the name of god
Dance of Eternity
:loco: :lol: :erk: :cry: :zombie: wow.

although:
the last 3 you listed are great.

"No emotion in their playing" :rolleyes:

I've heard nearly every Dream Theater song, and I must say that this is most definitely incorrect.

Try these instead:

Let's start right from the beginning. (Put in small text because I don't like big lists.)

- Status Seeker
- Another Day
- Surrounded
- Wait For Sleep
- Innocence Faded
- The Silent Man
- Lifting Shadows Off A Dream
- Scarred
- Space-Dye Vest
- Peruvian Skies
- Hollow Years
- Take Away My Pain
- Anna Lee
- Through My Words
- Through Her Eyes :bah:
- One Last Time
- The Spirit Carries On
- Finally Free
- Misunderstood
- Disappear
- Goodnight Kiss
- Solitary Shell
- Vacant
- Stream of Consciousness
- In The Name Of God
- I'll Walk Beside You (Although really cheesy)
- Sacrificed Sons
- Octavarium
- A Change Of Seasons

Don't be falsely led people, DT has WAY more emotional songs than you might think. Listen to these songs and you might change your opinion. This is the only time I've actually constructed a list to defend the argument with.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
I'll be honest, the only Dream Theater song I don't like (at all) is Through Her Eyes. That's it. Seriously.

I like every single one of their songs off of every album except for that one.

I think thats one of the few songs that James sings well in and actually protrays some actual emotion as opposed to a cat been strangled with a garden hose..

Tubbs Mcgee said:
"No emotion in their playing" :rolleyes:

I've heard nearly every Dream Theater song, and I must say that this is most definitely incorrect.

Try these instead:

Let's start right from the beginning. (Put in small text because I don't like big lists.)

- Status Seeker
- Another Day
- Surrounded
- Wait For Sleep
- Innocence Faded
- The Silent Man
- Lifting Shadows Off A Dream
- Scarred
- Space-Dye Vest
- Peruvian Skies
- Hollow Years
- Take Away My Pain
- Anna Lee
- Through My Words
- Through Her Eyes :bah:
- One Last Time
- The Spirit Carries On
- Finally Free
- Misunderstood
- Disappear
- Goodnight Kiss
- Solitary Shell
- Vacant
- Stream of Consciousness
- In The Name Of God
- I'll Walk Beside You (Although really cheesy)
- Sacrificed Sons
- Octavarium
- A Change Of Seasons

Don't be falsely led people, DT has WAY more emotional songs than you might think. Listen to these songs and you might change your opinion. This is the only time I've actually constructed a list to defend the argument with.

...and my aunty has a great big pair of BOLLOCKS

Benighted1 said:
Did I say I don't like wanky shit on occasion..? Moron! These are just some of their better picks of wankery thats all..
well you definitely scored the wank tracks, that's for sure.

personally I'm going to agree with
I think thats one of the few songs that James sings well in and actually protrays some actual emotion

Listen to the whole Metropolis Pt.2 disk. Its definitly a great album one of thier best imo.

Ytse Jam
Pull Me Under
Take the Time
Metropolis Pt 1
Lines in the Sand
Lie
6:00
The Glass Prision
This Dying Soul
Panic Attack
Erotomania
A Change of Seasons
Peruvian Skies

Just a few of ones that I really enjoy...(im sure just about all these have been said)

Innbydelse said:
its cool, not all of us have functioning ears

very clever insult..... well not really.

A more educated opinion would realize that:
I am not a person who likes aforementioned songs because they have continuously changing riffs played at a real quick pace and an quickly progressive tempo.... which I am not a fan of (although I do like the arps on The Glass Prison). Each of us have different tastes and I never claimed those songs sucked. Hell, my least favourite DT album is what most fans hail as DT's best effort. So, get your head out of your ass so your opnions don't smell of poo.

KFK

Benighted1 said:
Did I say I don't like wanky shit on occasion..? Moron!

No, you didnt. But its what you implied since you claimed DT "aren't very good" and gave your reasoning to be because there's "No emotion in their playing, wanky shit in general mostly".

Benighted1 said:

Kerry King

farren said:
Strange, Dream Theater is actually very popular in most of the world.
Kenneth R. said:
if by most of the world you mean Western Europe & North America.
Good (and very true) answer. :)

There have always been so many more interesting bands in Scandinavia, and their sound seem to fit the mentality of people living there, so the first priority for many scandinavians, might not be to search out bands from the US. Did that make sense?

Oh I see, all you're familiar with are North America and West Europe. You're apparently not aware of their HUGE FOLLOWINGS in South America and Asia.

I repeat: Dream Theater is popular in Europe, Asia, South America, and North America. That's right, ESPECIALLY SOUTH AMERICA.

Thanks.