Drugs thread

you need to see Heroin first hand to know how bad it is?
I'm the same way when it comes to life in general.:lol:
I'm just a straight edger pretty much, don't drink, smoke, or do drugs at all. Unlike a lot of people that don't do those things, substance abuse is neither wrong or right to me and I think generally all drugs should be legalized. I don't see the point in punishing people over personal liberties.

High-five.

Besides, how will I be able to evaluate symmetry in music if I'm drunk or drugged all the time? Dulls the senses.
I'm all ears. Always.

I've played around with Fun-Dip for the nose, the Jamaican peace leaf, ADHD-Be-Damned, and Les Champignons. Now I am too old and I have a real job and cannot afford to be deported for a night of "meaningful" experimentation.

USA is in NO way ready, nor should it be, to legalize and regulate psychoactive drugs. And SERIOUS props to Vitor for acknowledging the dangers of the drug trade. Legalizing it doesn't mean those assholes will suddenly cease operation and leave everyone alone.

Started smoking weed lately again, after a long absence.
The Weed in Kelowna ( where I live ) is just incredible. Almost all I find here right now is White Widow, and its all well grown...

I agree that Psych drugs and heavier drugs should not be legal, but also I see no harm in legalizing pot. It would stimulate the economy by supplying more jobs and would add another easily taxable product. Just make the age limit 21 and enforce the same laws as drunk driving.

I don't know anything about how/where pot is made, but if the pot making industry is anything like the cocaine industry it should be BANHAMMERED forever.

Your post is confusing. Pot can pretty much be grown anywhere. If you are talking about the connection to cartels and other crime organizations then legalizing pot would just thwart their income. If the US legalized pot, then they would be able to grow it on plantations and in factories(hydro) and not have to buy from various drug powered crime mobs if that is what you are referencing.

DemonLung - yeah I guess I just meant the distribution process, is it horribly corrupt/violent like cocaine therefore we shouldn't acknowledge it, etc.

Yeah, I've lived in a house infested with weekend warrior coke heads. They easily went through $200-$300 binges every weekend. Not only that but its really not that cool and it really doesn't last long enough for what it costs.

Dangerous stuff. Done a couple times, both were great and no regrets, but it's time to be a real person as I live in a real world and have a real job and cannot realistically send all my money up my nose. Though ironically my monthly living expenses are only like $300~400 each month so I could actually have a regular cocaine habit and be well within my means.

DemonLung - yeah I guess I just meant the distribution process, is it horribly corrupt/violent like cocaine therefore we shouldn't acknowledge it, etc.

How else would the drug trade have gotten corrupt and violent if not for the illegality of it? Isn't much of the point of legalisation to undermine that very system?

On the other hand, if it is legalized, won't people still beat around the bush to evade taxes [I highly doubt that within a generation or two, the cartels of today will transform into dilligent tax-payers] , eventually to go around the full circle? But I kinda get the point. Most consumers are average people who wouldn't have to support the illicit drug trade. But at the same time how many people would consciously go to a 'legal store' of sorts. I think that would generate a grey market which inherently breeds corruption.

If pot was legalized, people would also be able to (legally) grow their own pot as well. Just like people could roll their own cigarettes, they would be able to roll their own joints. Legalizing marijuana in the United States would definitely be a significant blow to drug cartels that primarily deal in marijuana. Of course it wouldn't do shit for cocaine and other drugs. I really can't imagine too many people buying pot off the street if they could purchase it legally. I mean, how many people traffic in illegal cigarettes?